What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is yours 4x4?
Did you have to remove the cross-member to get those trans-cooler lines out? I spent a couple hours trying to get the old ones out, but couldn't wiggle them free.

Also, got a face full of rusty dirt, or was it dirty rust?
Yes 4wd. Old I wasn’t to concerned about getting out so I just twisted and pulled. Getting the new in was the problem for me. Got them there but took longer than I expected and yes my face was covered in both rust and dirt.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered some new plugs and wires.
Coming up on 100k miles on the plugs and wires tune-up and 250k miles on the clock.
O2 sensors will be following shortly.
check those heater hose "T"s on the firewall too, they only last so long, pretty much a maintenance item. they get brittle and snap off random.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check those heater hose "T"s on the firewall too, they only last so long, pretty much a maintenance item. they get brittle and snap off random.

Thanks, I'll check them out this weekend and see if GMParts has them. Always a fan of preventative maintenance.

Another failure point besides the "Tees" themselves is the the plastic fittings from the heater hose that clips onto the tee. The one in the right pic is the one that failed on me twice. Breaks right off at that plastic band. That's why it is important to keep the stress of them with the holder that is located on the valve cover. Looks like pic #2.

190324-29837d53c6f1d2179bbc332fdfb93767.jpg

s-l500.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had the parts waiting to go in for a while... waiting til I yank the engine. Don't feel like draining coolant just for those.

You loose very little. Take one hose off the tee and use a pump like this to suck coolant out of the hose down to a level where it won't spill out. Or just dump it into a small bucket. Keep the hoses tied up high so they won't fall down and drain out the system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo