What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning on changing out the front and rear differential fluid. Manual says they both take synthetic 75w90 gear oil. Says nothing about limited slip modifier so I was going to get the Mobil Delvac with no additive.

Also doesn't give me a capacity and researching online I've found 2.75qts rear and 1.8qts front. Is this about right, even for the Denali with AWD? I was going to buy 5qts. Will that be enough or way too much?
I think thats about what I went through when I did mine, little over 4 quarts of 75/90

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning on changing out the front and rear differential fluid. Manual says they both take synthetic 75w90 gear oil. Says nothing about limited slip modifier so I was going to get the Mobil Delvac with no additive.

Also doesn't give me a capacity and researching online I've found 2.75qts rear and 1.8qts front. Is this about right, even for the Denali with AWD? I was going to buy 5qts. Will that be enough or way too much?
Yep, that’s right. And no limited slip modifier is needed, since the locking mechanism is akin to a pawl and not a clutch pack.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered trans cooler lines, trans cooler, deeper pan, gasket, fluid etc… she’s been leaving me calling cards all over my driveway. Actually have the lines and cooler but looking at which pan I’m going to order. I think I’m about to put some money into her before winter, just rolled 100k and she’s been neglected since I bought the 19…. Banished from the garage, oil changes 2x a year….car washes almost never…. Poor thing…. Tsk tsk wut a shame…..
She’s looking beat underneath, god I hate the northeast and their salty winter bull-***** but in other news I found a nice rust spot on the passenger side above the rear door…. Wtf… weird place to rust and it’s been there a while it’s just nobody really gets in that side much anymore….meh it is wut it is.1D123C26-A664-44E3-AC5B-1B660CE1812B.jpegFCD24B48-86E4-4F46-9BFB-8A463DCD22A4.jpegEF0AC184-B88E-4E9A-870E-B03A20F4CFEC.jpeg

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hoover Dam!
InkedIMG_0624.jpg

Got rear ended by an uninsured motorist. As always several mistakes led to this. First there was an accident about a mile ahead in the opposing lanes where a truck had run off the road and people were slowing down to rubber neck, second a few hundred yards ahead of us there was a wide load in the right lane so people were merging into the left lane to go around, third there was a 'hazard ahead' message and I took my foot off the gas to see what was up but I did not brake, third the young man behind us didn't leave enough distance. As I was slowing down I saw a white grill fill my rear view mirror so I pushed ******* the brake so he wouldn't push us into the car ahead of us and BAM! I really think he bent the frame a bit because i have to hold the steering wheel a half inch to the right on the highway now. Any guesses on the cost of this???

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoover Dam!
View attachment 377445

Got rear ended by an uninsured motorist. As always several mistakes led to this. First there was an accident about a mile ahead in the opposing lanes where a truck had run off the road and people were slowing down to rubber neck, second a few hundred yards ahead of us there was a wide load in the right lane so people were merging into the left lane to go around, third there was a 'hazard ahead' message and I took my foot off the gas to see what was up but I did not brake, third the young man behind us didn't leave enough distance. As I was slowing down I saw a white grill fill my rear view mirror so I pushed ******* the brake so he wouldn't push us into the car ahead of us and BAM! I really think he bent the frame a bit because i have to hold the steering wheel a half inch to the right on the highway now. Any guesses on the cost of this???
Sucks… at the minimum… hatch, bumper cover and bumper brace and paint that’s at least $1500….doesn’t appear to be a hitch in there and if the frame is bent….which is a possibility since it looks like the passenger side took most of the hit probably 5-10k

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered trans cooler lines, trans cooler, deeper pan, gasket, fluid etc… she’s been leaving me calling cards all over my driveway. Actually have the lines and cooler but looking at which pan I’m going to order. I think I’m about to put some money into her before winter, just rolled 100k and she’s been neglected since I bought the 19…. Banished from the garage, oil changes 2x a year….car washes almost never…. Poor thing…. Tsk tsk wut a shame…..
She’s looking beat underneath, god I hate the northeast and their salty winter bull-***** but in other news I found a nice rust spot on the passenger side above the rear door…. Wtf… weird place to rust and it’s been there a while it’s just nobody really gets in that side much anymore….meh it is wut it is.View attachment 377447View attachment 377448View attachment 377446

That loos like it is rusting from the inside out to me. No headliner stains? Maybe a leaking fastener or gasket on the roof rack?? That's very strange indeed. Did you peek under the weather stripping? Looks like it's bulging out.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That loos like it is rusting from the inside out to me. No headliner stains? Maybe a leaking fastener or gasket on the roof rack?? That's very strange indeed. Did you peek under the weather stripping? Looks like it's bulging out.
No stains inside, didn’t touch the weather strip …. Yet…. Soon pawpaw…. Soon;)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hoover Dam!
View attachment 377445

Hopefully he got some tickets and an expensive tow. You have full coverage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157