What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Put a new MAF sensor on.
I have been having this surging whenever I come to a complete stop, it lunges when I tap the gas or it goes into WOT for a split second. So much so I have almost gotten in a few accidents. My wife will not and has never driven my Tahoe (in the 7 years I've owned it) because of this and it is extremely nerve racking at times but, I have just gotten used to it. Until now haha, it finally drives normal all because of the new mass air flow sensor. Who woulda thunk.
It's been a long time but I have to say, it is finally nice to drive. Now all I need is a built trans and better stall :)
Did it ever throw a maf code?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch the gauge sweep when you key on but before you start. Then, note the KOEO reading.

I also am running the Torque Pro app via ODBII dongle. It's showing the same oil pressure as the dash gauge, so I'm ruling out a bad cluster at this point.

With the engine off, key in ON postion the gauge sits at ~25 psi. It should be 0psi, yes?

When I'm driving today, it's as if yesterday's normal operating pressure range has been shifted up ~25 psi.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I also am running the Torque Pro app via ODBII dongle. It's showing the same oil pressure as the dash gauge, so I'm ruling out a bad cluster at this point.

With the engine off, key in ON postion the gauge sits at ~25 psi. It should be 0psi, yes?

When I'm driving today, it's as if yesterday's normal operating pressure range has been shifted up ~25 psi.
Bet your sensor is bad or if there is a screen below it it’s plugged.

Reaction score
I'm going to be needing new tires probably in the next couple months and also want to get different wheels. I want something darker (black or dark Grey) with maybe machined edges. Something like what @George B has, but not necessarily that 5 spoke style.

Anyone know of any decent places that sell wheel/tire combos, or anyplace that sell new model take-offs?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm going to be needing new tires probably in the next couple months and also want to get different wheels. I want something darker (black or dark Grey) with maybe machined edges. Something like what @George B has, but not necessarily that 5 spoke style.

Anyone know of any decent places that sell wheel/tire combos, or anyplace that sell new model take-offs?
I got mine here:
But, I would go with these exact wheels if I had to do over.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If I were in the market, these would be my choice. 22s.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine here:
But, I would go with these exact wheels if I had to do over.
What did you think of the service from RPM Takeoffs? Been looking at their stuff for a while, but never pulled the trigger. Would be a good reason to go to New Glarus and get tires and beer.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What did you think of the service from RPM Takeoffs? Been looking at their stuff for a while, but never pulled the trigger. Would be a good reason to go to New Glarus and get tires and beer.
The service was good. I did have issues with the quality of the chrome wheels. I documented it on here somewhere. Maybe in my thread about my burb. The machined face wheels I have are good. The chrome ones I got had a bubble that they warrantied for me with a trade-up for these.