What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The right axle flange is pushed out of the housing. ???
HMM, well that's not right and would explain the fluid puddle, looks like it's been like that for a while has it been worked on by anyone? have you checked to see if it is full? i'm gonna guess it's not, if you remove the fill plug/bolt the fluid should be level with the hole

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
HMM, well that's not right and would explain the fluid puddle, looks like it's been like that for a while has it been worked on by anyone? have you checked to see if it is full? i'm gonna guess it's not, if you remove the fill plug/bolt the fluid should be level with the hole
This is new. I was just under it less than a month ago doing the oil change. I inspected everything at that time. The diff is full and I check it regularly. The truck hasn’t leaked a drop since I have owned it. The front axle was out for service 40k ago by a dealer. I replaced that cv over a year ago. Thats all I know.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if you can unbolt the axle and then smack that back in with a deadblow or not or if you have to pull that housing off and put back in that way. all the rebuild videos show it just going back in easy with the housing when reassembled
on this video he shows at 25min just hitting the one side with a dead blow
im confused on which part it is at 27 min he shows the other side just getting pushed on

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I am not sure if you can unbolt the axle and then smack that back in with a deadblow or not or if you have to pull that housing off and put back in that way. all the rebuild videos show it just going back in easy with the housing when reassembled
edit I was looking at the wrong side
on this video he shows at 25min just hitting it with a dead blow
Yeah, I was just looking at this. It looks like there is a cir-clip that let go. I can try to knock it back but I might try getting that half off.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
on this video he shows at 25min just hitting the one side with a dead blow
im confused on which part it is at 27 min he shows the other side just getting pushed on
Based on this it looks like I will need to pull that side of the diff off. I wouldn’t trust that I git that clip right otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo