What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Dammit man. I hate to hear that. I'm hoping the best for you. I haven't even checked the oil since I did my refresh. **** it. It's not making any noise other than lifter noise in mid range rpm. Hopefully it's good

Watch out for that little stock filter, not much capacity.
can plug up and bypass pretty quickly.

and that weird lifter noise i get in mid range rpm and light throttle is back.
I hadn't noticed it at first.
then i had it come back on my way home.

I'm starting to wonder if it's endplay related now.

I posted a link in iamdub's build thread for the oil filter cutting tool i have.
good idea to cut that baby open every so often

I have 4 filters on hand right now (and a missing box of another 4 somewhere else :jester: )

So far me switching to the larger capacity filter and checking it so often has prevented me from getting metal through the engine.

And during engine break-in, everything was going great at first.
I'm now wondering if maybe my new converter tossed something into the cooler lines.

I have a few feet of trans cooler hose, my plan is to bypass the radiator one.
I just need to get a line gauge on the transmission, my plan is to get a before and after reading.

I also regret reinstalling the ac belt.
I have figured out how to get that baby on pretty easily using the install tool that came with the OEM belt.
but getting it off in one piece is a pita. :confused:

Reaction score

I posted a link in iamdub's build thread for the oil filter cutting tool i have.

I have 4 filters on hand right now (and a missing box of another 4 somewhere else :jester: )

So far me switching to the larger capacity filter and checking it so often has prevented me from getting metal through the engine.

I'm now wondering if maybe my new converter tossed something into the cooler lines.

I just need to get a line gauge on the transmission, my plan is to get a before and after reading.

I have figured out how to get that baby on pretty easily using the install tool that came with the OEM belt.
Install a tensioner pulley and belt from an earlier model. Easy peasy install and removal. Or pick up a Lisle install/removal tool

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday-

Borrowed these wheels to take the declads off to have the tires replaced. These were on his Tahoe when he bought it. We call them the "Uggos":

IMG_7225.JPG

They're 18". He had to trim about an inch off his lower ball joint stud, which included shaving some off the nut. I guess this is due to the Belltech spindles? Mine BARELY contacted the rim. I shaved the thickness of the death disc (1.14mm or 3/64") for adequate clearance:

IMG_7217.JPG

Speaking of neighbor's Tahoe, he finally got it back from the body shop. I don't have any current pics, but it looks just the same as it did before the wreck, just with new paint and no badges or side molding. Pre-wreck:

IMG_6650.JPG

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new shifter cable bushing.
Full tank of 91, ethanol sensor is reading zero even though it's like e7-8.
And now the fuel trims are off from when I had recalibrated the MAF when it was running e85 because I was being dumb.
So I'll recalibrate it now while I'm running this and switch back to ethanol afterwards.

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_112947374.jpg
    IMG_20210919_112947374.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210919-082247.png
    Screenshot_20210919-082247.png
    710.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday-

Borrowed these wheels to take the declads off to have the tires replaced. These were on his Tahoe when he bought it. We call them the "Uggos":

View attachment 350757

They're 18". He had to trim about an inch off his lower ball joint stud, which included shaving some off the nut. I guess this is due to the Belltech spindles? Mine BARELY contacted the rim. I shaved the thickness of the death disc (1.14mm or 3/64") for adequate clearance:

View attachment 350758

Speaking of neighbor's Tahoe, he finally got it back from the body shop. I don't have any current pics, but it looks just the same as it did before the wreck, just with new paint and no badges or side molding. Pre-wreck:

View attachment 350759
That tahoe looks great. Very familiar...I miss you having those wheels.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tahoe looks great. Very familiar...I miss you having those wheels.

It does and I miss 'em , too. I sold him the almost new tires I had for those wheels about a week before he went on a trip and wrecked. He didn't install them and hydroplaned on the worn tires. I can't say the wreck wouldn't have happened, but having almost full tread certainly would've helped. He actually bent the backside hoop of one of the wheels. It was easily repaired and you couldn't tell anything happened. It might've been the same one that I had that hole welded up.

Oh well, it's all done and he's back on the road, sporting my beloved RSTs. It's okay, I'm working on some other wheels that I think I'll like better. They'll have some nearly-new (5K miles, I think?) Pirelli Scorpion Zeros on 'em.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

The Lisle brand tool works great both directions BTW.