What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is going in the shop Monday for a pass side LCA/ball joint assembly and half shaft. Expecting to pay around $500. I'm getting to old and sore to lay under it to do this safely on my own.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on an easy way to clean the oil drain holes without using a bunch of solvent and having to drain the oil pan again? I have the valve covers off and want to make sure the drain holes are clear before putting the covers back on. There seemed to be a bit more oil than I would have expected to see.

*RH Valve cover and gasket replacement along with a new engine oil fill tube, since somebody thought the entire fill tube gets pulled out instead of just the fill cap. It’s not worth having friends try to “help”. Even smart people occasionally do dumb costly $h!t.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on an easy way to clean the oil drain holes without using a bunch of solvent and having to drain the oil pan again? I have the valve covers off and want to make sure the drain holes are clear before putting the covers back on. There seemed to be a bit more oil than I would have expected to see.

*RH Valve cover and gasket replacement along with a new engine oil fill tube, since somebody thought the entire fill tube gets pulled out instead of just the fill cap. It’s not worth having friends try to “help”. Even smart people occasionally do dumb costly $h!t.
Oops. That’s why I don’t let anybody touch my trucks.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

You could try some long pipe cleaners. I've read some guys use them to clean the oiling holes in pushrods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15