What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand totally. Frankly, I think those days is why these days I drive like a grandpa (which of course I am). I think it was like drinking, I only had so many drinks in me, I got all mine out of the way early. :)

My oldest daughter and I took our vehicles to my parent's house once. She left a minute or so ahead of me. We met at a light about a mile away. She sped off and I kept it at the speed limit. We met again at the on-ramp to the highway. She passed me three times on the highway, got off just ahead of me and we met again at a light. She sped away again and was walking up to the front door of grandma's house just as I arrived.

Despite my teaching her and many admonitions, she doesn't understand why her brakes and tires don't last and that her Impala gets crummy gas mileage. :(

I guess some folks just have to figure out things the hard way.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oldest daughter and I took our vehicles to my parent's house once. She left a minute or so ahead of me. We met at a light about a mile away. She sped off and I kept it at the speed limit. We met again at the on-ramp to the highway. She passed me three times on the highway, got off just ahead of me and we met again at a light. She sped away again and was walking up to the front door of grandma's house just as I arrived.

Despite my teaching her and many admonitions, she doesn't understand why her brakes and tires don't last and that her Impala gets crummy gas mileage. :(

I guess some folks just have to figure out things the hard way.

So true.

My first car was a total rebuild before I turned a wheel. I wrecked it about a month after it was completed. My dad came home from work and as he walked by the pile of scrap he said, “I knew you were going to do that, I only prayed you wouldn’t be hurt when you did.” I said, “If you knew I was going to do it, why didn’t you tell me?”, he asked while walking slowly away looking straight ahead, “would you have listened?”

He was a very wise man.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So true.

My first car was a total rebuild before I turned a wheel. I wrecked it about a month after it was completed. My dad came home from work and as he walked by the pile of scrap he said, “I knew you were going to do that, I only prayed you wouldn’t be hurt when you did.” I said, “If you knew I was going to do it, why didn’t you tell me?”, he asked while walking slowly away looking straight ahead, “would you have listened?”

He was a very wise man.
My dad didn’t give a shit about me or my driving, never got a single word of advise but I wouldn’t have listened anyway. I totaled my first car drunk as hell after a kegger, bought a rear clip and welded two cars into one after learning how to weld, then totaled it out a second time after taking quaaludes. I couldn’t see a way to fix it that time so I moved on. He never said a word lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to watch that show everyday on a black & white tv that got 3 channels, then we had a color tv whoooo.
it was the same on FM radio got about 3 channels, but AM was always hitting well at night, mystery theater was cool.
Sounds like me. I’ll never forget the Christmas that we got the color tv. It was one of those super cool wood console tv’s with STEREO speakers, am/fm radio and turntable that played 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm records. The thing was huge, like 6’ wide and 3’ high. Not the screen though, that was more like 27” which was huge at the time. There were only a few shows that were in color. We were stoked. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts