What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I've tried a few and all read 1.5-2 MPH slower than what my speedometer reads. I only bothered in the first place cuz I've noticed that everyone is always pulling away from me even when I have my cruise set dead nuts at 80. Before my tune, cruising at 80 had me steady with the flow of traffic. I just assumed the tuner uploaded an incorrect circumference based off my tire's advertised measurements on the sidewall. I measured it with a wire and the difference was 18mm. I corrected it and it seemed to make it worse. So, today, I changed the number 2.5%. The damned app STILL reads 1.5-2 MPH slow.

That's weird, i find those gps apps are spot on.
When i did the c5/c6 brake conversion on my vette, i also needed bigger wheels.
To get the speedometer working correctly i also need to change a little gear.
The vette uses a mix of analog and digital.
The gears are hard to find and sometimes expensive...

Using an online calculator, and finding the tire actual outer size, i made the order.

Gps reports exact match at all speeds.

Where I'm going, i would assume the speedometer reading would vary wider at higher speeds if it were wrong.

Gps app confirmed a match to my speedometer while going 20-infinity

:D

:angels2:

Last edited:

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just doing a simple battery swap in the Silverado. The tender tried to save the Super Start that’s in it but it didn’t work, so I’m going with an Interstate AGM. This is a bit harder than most trucks I would say.

View attachment 276034

Make sure the new tender has a desulfarator mode- Batteryminder tenders have this.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of free cell phone speed apps.
I used one to see the top speed of my boat, took an old cell phone and used tape to strap it to an rc car to see the top speed, and always fun to see how fast you're going while on an airplane.

;)
I have also heard nothing but good things about the draggy. It’s expensive though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dicked around with "harmless" changes to the tune. Changed the TCC apply/release speeds, mainly to restore lockup in third, as advised by @pwtr02ss. I just copy/pasted my factory tune stuff for that one table. I don't know why, but the "clutch dump" feeling when the TCC locks in OD is gone or much less pronounced. I may lower the release TP%, though. Also tweaked the tire circumference 2.5% to alter the speedo. I need to get a cop to radar me one day. Or drive next to a Civic or some other car that has a giant digital speedometer that I can read.
just open waze on your phone it has a built in gps, set cruze and compare it your speedometer.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ll be making an order soon with rock auto and looking for motor mounts and pads and I’ll prolly end up getting the same wheel hub as the other side but from there not the store.

I need an excellent stopping pad and don’t want ceramic. I don’t care about brake dust. I’d rather stop and not have fade. No power stop suggestions. Had my fair share over the years. No more. I will also be towing with it so there that.

also need a cv boot. Axle is fine but need to replace the boot it’s torn. Is there one that’s better than the rest?

Can you mix the h2 and stock MM? I only want to change the one I also don’t want to spend 200 on a single OEM MM.

Looks like I will also need to do all the PS hoses and cooler. Any suggestions for that? Might even need the pump. Fluid smells a bit burnt and is slowly leaking. Cooler looks like it’s ready to turn to dust.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ll be making an order soon with rock auto and looking for motor mounts and pads and I’ll prolly end up getting the same wheel hub as the other side but from there not the store.

I need an excellent stopping pad and don’t want ceramic. I don’t care about brake dust. I’d rather stop and not have fade. No power stop suggestions. Had my fair share over the years. No more. I will also be towing with it so there that.

also need a cv boot. Axle is fine but need to replace the boot it’s torn. Is there one that’s better than the rest?

Can you mix the h2 and stock MM? I only want to change the one I also don’t want to spend 200 on a single OEM MM.

Looks like I will also need to do all the PS hoses and cooler. Any suggestions for that? Might even need the pump. Fluid smells a bit burnt and is slowly leaking. Cooler looks like it’s ready to turn to dust.
carbon fiber is best but there noisy and tons of dust

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE