What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to pull the black plastidip off my wheels yesterday. I’m not sure if it was due to the cold weather but it was starting to bubble and peel in places so I figured if I wanted to keep my rims black I’d have to start fresh with a completely new coat.

xOwnutI_d.jpg

there’s still some black on the lug nut covers but I’ll probably pull that off in a few days when I have some more time

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to pull the black plastidip off my wheels yesterday. I’m not sure if it was due to the cold weather but it was starting to bubble and peel in places so I figured if I wanted to keep my rims black I’d have to start fresh with a completely new coat.

xOwnutI_d.jpg

there’s still some black on the lug nut covers but I’ll probably pull that off in a few days when I have some more time

I kinda like the remaining black on the lug nut covers.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

xOwnutI_d.jpg

Looks better, imo.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Well, finally got around to tearing the motor down. Let's just say things do not look good. Both valve covers are coated in milkshake (Coolant mixed in oil) and noted that the #2 Cylinder has coolant on top intake valve. Unsure at this point if it is just a blown head gasket or if I cracked a head/block somehow. Truck never overheated, just started to run rough and blow white smoke on the way home from work. Luckily only drove it about a 1/4 of a mile to get home and shut it down in my driveway, hasn't been fired up since.

The valley also had coolant pooled towards the rear of the block and on top of the passenger cylinder (pooled on top of the head bolts).

Now the frustration begins in looking for the cause and determining if I have to replace the whole damn engine at only 114K miles

IMG_20200126_133457.jpg IMG_20200126_133501.jpg IMG_20200126_133516.jpg

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, finally got around to tearing the motor down. Let's just say things do not look good. Both valve covers are coated in milkshake (Coolant mixed in oil) and noted that the #2 Cylinder has coolant on top intake valve. Unsure at this point if it is just a blown headgasket or i fi craked a head somehow. Truck never overheated, just started to run rough and blow white smoke on the way home from work. Luckily only drove it about a 1/4 of a mile to get home and shut it down in my driveway, hasn't been fired up since.

The valley also had coolant pooled towards the rear of the block and on top of the passenger cylinder (pooled on top of the head bolts).

Now the frustration begins in looking for the cause and determining if I have to replace the whole damn engine at only 114K miles

View attachment 239426 View attachment 239427 View attachment 239428

You'll at least have to pop off the heads to diagnose. So, drain the coolant and zip out them bolts and stop keeping us in suspense! Hopefully the worst case is you'll have to replace the head(s), but maybe it's just a head gasket. If the problem is a cracked block, at least getting to the upper four bellhousing bolts would be easy with the heads off. *Fingers crossed

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
You'll at least have to pop off the heads to diagnose. So, drain the coolant and zip out them bolts and stop keeping us in suspense! Hopefully the worst case is you'll have to replace the head(s), but maybe it's just a head gasket. If the problem is a cracked block, at least getting to the upper four bellhousing bolts would be easy with the heads off. *Fingers crossed

I'm hoping to have the heads of by next weekend. My new work schedule and having a side business is cutting into my free time :whymewhyme:

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the drivers side rear door lock actuator replaced and worked on the drivers side rear side marker mini bulb socket. The socket has some corrosion and bulb intermittently works. I also tried some turtle wax cleaner detailer on the wheels to see if that will help them to clean better at the automatic car wash. It tends to leave the wheels dirty. Right at 220k miles and running good. Too cold outside to do anything else this weekend looking forward to warmer weather in a couple of months.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, finally got around to tearing the motor down. Let's just say things do not look good. Both valve covers are coated in milkshake (Coolant mixed in oil) and noted that the #2 Cylinder has coolant on top intake valve. Unsure at this point if it is just a blown head gasket or if I cracked a head/block somehow. Truck never overheated, just started to run rough and blow white smoke on the way home from work. Luckily only drove it about a 1/4 of a mile to get home and shut it down in my driveway, hasn't been fired up since.

View attachment 239426 View attachment 239427 View attachment 239428
Do not like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63