What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for supplying the provider.. I've looked at the other website before. This is something I'd like to do.

Will you photodocument the process. Seems easy enough. I can live vicariously through you for the time being
It will be in my build thread, link is at the bottom of my sig. Turn your phone sideways if you don’t see it. It’s the one for the bagged Silverado.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Anything with VVT, stock will benefit from higher octane fuel.

Anything with forced induction, stock, will benefit from higher octane fuel.

Anything at all being custom tuned will benefit from higher octane fuel.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're filling up with good quality gas, it takes longer than a month for it to go bad/"stale". You can let good gas sit for 3-6 months without any issue at all.

I figured as much. But I swear I can feel a difference right away after refilling. I'm pretty in-tune with my Tahoe and can't convince myself that it's just in my mind. According to my friend, it's not that I had stale gas and now have fresh gas. It's that the PCM switched octane tables.

I asked him to give some specifics and/or validating links to info on this.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything with VVT, stock will benefit from higher octane fuel.

Anything with forced induction, stock, will benefit from higher octane fuel.

Anything at all being custom tuned will benefit from higher octane fuel.

During hot weather, mine will detonate a little when I'm romping on it if I don't have 91-93 in it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured as much. But I swear I can feel a difference right away after refilling. I'm pretty in-tune with my Tahoe and can't convince myself that it's just in my mind. According to my friend, it's not that I had stale gas and now have fresh gas. It's that the PCM switched octane tables.

I asked him to give some specifics and/or validating links to info on this.

Well, what is certain Chris is that as soon as the computer detects a refueling event, it starts trying to determine a new alcohol content. If you've ever looked at your fuel trims right after leaving the gas station, you're eyeballs will go wide as they can hit -25 for a few miles while it's sampling. So this will certainly make an engine have a little more pep in its step.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once in my trucks lifetime moment:
7b21528adc936c0c263099de66d1bbb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool! I thought I was the only person who took pictures like this until I started hanging out on this forum. My wife just rolls her eyes and shrugs her shoulders at me.

Just think, in 530,865 miles you can get a picture with the numbers reversed!

Reaction score
Well, what is certain Chris is that as soon as the computer detects a refueling event, it starts trying to determine a new alcohol content. If you've ever looked at your fuel trims right after leaving the gas station, you're eyeballs will go wide as they can hit -25 for a few miles while it's sampling. So this will certainly make an engine have a little more pep in its step.
I was thinking the same thing

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted