What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the oil about 3 weeks ago and discovered I have been using a ****** filter for who knows how long. Long story short, Walmart has great prices for mobil1 so they also sell oil filters. I discovered that I have been using the ****** ass PF48E!!! I failed to realize since I got out of the auto business that this new PF48E is a *************. Over the last year or so my L9H has been noisier. I blamed the broken manifold stud on the driver's side. I am thinking most of it is because of the ****** filter and the now gone gasket in the drain holes on the top of the filter. I switched to a UPF48R filter today, and already the engine is quieter.

P.S. The previous oil change I did I used high mileage mobil1 and at 1000 miles I was 1qt low, and I added another quart before the oil change I just performed. I went back to 'normal' mobil1 and the engine hasn't lost a drop in 1500 miles. Steer clear of high mileage mobil1.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I changed the oil about 3 weeks ago and discovered I have been using a ****** filter for who knows how long. Long story short, Walmart has great prices for mobil1 so they also sell oil filters. I discovered that I have been using the ****** ass PF48E!!! I failed to realize since I got out of the auto business that this new PF48E is a *************. Over the last year or so my L9H has been noisier. I blamed the broken manifold stud on the driver's side. I am thinking most of it is because of the ****** filter and the now gone gasket in the drain holes on the top of the filter. I switched to a UPF48R filter today, and already the engine is quieter.

P.S. The previous oil change I did I used high mileage mobil1 and at 1000 miles I was 1qt low, and I added another quart before the oil change I just performed. I went back to 'normal' mobil1 and the engine hasn't lost a drop in 1500 miles. Steer clear of high mileage mobil1.

P.s. both full synthetic, just high mileage vs not?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.s. both full synthetic, just high mileage vs not?

Both were full synthetic. But for whatever reason, using high mileage I had to add 2 qts between oil changes. It was the first and only time I used it. Always before that was mobil1 synthetic and I never had to add any oil between oil changes.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Both were full synthetic. But for whatever reason, using high mileage I had to add 2 qts between oil changes. It was the first and only time I used it. Always before that was mobil1 synthetic and I never had to add any oil between oil changes.

Interesting.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

She'll run even quieter with ACDelco's new oil for our aluminum engines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts