What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
on second thought, how low was the coolant?
I put the half gallon I had left over in the Tahoe just now. It's drained that much since I topped them off recently.
those look like either the transmission cooler line's or oil cooler lines very typical for them to look like that they seep a little oil nothing really worry about and probably wouldn't even affect the oil level between changes. the oil cooler lines go up the drivers side of the radiator, the transmission cooler lines go up the passenger side.
Yeah, these are on the passenger side. I've noticed them before, but just seemed like it was more than normal. 610e875c46a138673ceeac0bbdf8a3fb.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put the half gallon I had left over in the Tahoe just now. It's drained that much since I topped them off recently. Yeah, these are on the passenger side. I've noticed them before, but just seemed like it was more than normal. 610e875c46a138673ceeac0bbdf8a3fb.jpg
as long as it's not going to freeze you can just add water until you can get it replaced, I think you said it was a short trip to work anyway?

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
as long as it's not going to freeze you can just add water until you can get it replaced, I think you said it was a short trip to work anyway?
Yep, 7 miles one way.
You can do it yourself. Not a hard job, plus you'll save yourself $200-300 on labor and parts.
True, and I do have off all next week due to work laying us off that week.

If that's the case, what do you all recommend for a replacement? Brand? Is there something better to upgrade to?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just hit it with a car wash pressure washer then wipe it down, just don't spray directly on the electronic parts, I do mine about twice a year gets rid of all the grime and grease built up.

I got so much new electric parts under there now... lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my radiator is cracked.

When I was a young man, when we had metal radiators, we used plain old kitchen table pepper to stop leaks in our radiators. Sealed up some pretty big holes on the side of tanks with pepper. Those are your transmission cooler lines, cost about $50-75 for both new ones, very common repair. I have to do mine and the engine oil cooler lines too.