What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
What’s the proper way to activate the remote start via the key fob? I can’t figure out if I’m just an idiot or if I need to maybe try re programming just the remote start part of the fob, because the lock/unlock buttons work great. I’m starting a new job on Monday which means leaving at 6:50 in the morning.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the proper way to activate the remote start via the key fob? I can’t figure out if I’m just an idiot or if I need to maybe try re programming just the remote start part of the fob, because the lock/unlock buttons work great. I’m starting a new job on Monday which means leaving at 6:50 in the morning.

Just press the start button and hold it down until you hear the motor fire up. I have a habit of hitting the lock button first so the horn will chirp, making sure it's still in the driveway!

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Just press the start button and hold it down until you hear the motor fire up. I have a habit of hitting the lock button first so the horn will chirp, making sure it's still in the driveway!
thank you! Will try it in the morning. If you have a check engine light will that disable it? Because of being catless, I do have P codes, but I have the CEL for those codes turned off...

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is weird i will have to try it i have been pressing the lock twice then the remote start

thank you! Will try it in the morning. If you have a check engine light will that disable it? Because of being catless, I do have P codes, but I have the CEL for those codes turned off...

should start No issue IT will NOT start if the hood is open

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't remote start with trouble codes present, like that pesky P0442 I get every 200+ miles.
mine will start with codes present even pending codes

i don't bother with it unless it's 110 outside and i want it COLD as hell in there. it gets to about 65F with in 5 min or so with the Industrial sized A/C

it's at 33F at the vents not too bad any colder and it will pouring out snow from the vents

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine will start with codes present even pending codes

i don't bother with it unless it's 110 outside and i want it COLD as hell in there. it gets to about 65F with in 5 min or so with the Industrial sized A/C

it's at 33F at the vents not too bad any colder and it will pouring out snow from the vents

You're lucky, even my '06 Pontiac would not remote start with codes present.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was always told you press the lock button once and then hold the remote start button till it starts... mines aftermarket and still uses the factory fob... I just have to press the lock button 3 times...

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I've never tried remote starting without pressing the lock button once first... may have to give that a try next time.

The truck will most definitely NOT start with an active CEL on. I have my downstream O2 sensors tuned out due to being catless as well... no CEL and remote start works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu