What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah i’ve already disabled that thing. Bearings in that fan are destroied.

It does go away when turned off, and doesn’t change pitch so much as it just makes a slightly different pattern of noises at different speeds
What do you mean you disabled the adpirator? It’s kinda important even if you don’t use auto.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Came home from being gone for 2 weeks. Battery was completely dead, couldn't even jump it. Wasnt even a year old.
That sucks dude.

You’re the second guy here that came home from vacation to a bum battery. @CHOO CHOO had the same thing happen to him recently.
Exactly the same. Ended up buying a new battery.

Advance Auto gold battery was $135 with a 25% off online coupon and core charge refunded.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it’s part of the interior temp sensing. :popcorn:
I mean, it IS the interior ambient temp sensor....the fan is there to pull air across the sensor. I’m not sure what the vehicle uses for interior temp when you remove that but I guess if yours still works, great. Probably not as accurate IMO. I am in the habit of fixing stuff not tearing it out. :)

Last edited:

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I thought it’s part of the interior temp sensing. :popcorn:
I mean, it IS the interior ambient temp sensor....the fan is there to pull air across the sensor. I’m not sure what the vehicle uses for interior temp when you remove that but I guess if yours still works, great. Probably not as accurate IMO. I am in the habit of fixing stuff not tearing it out. :)
It doesn’t need to sense the temp if its not in auto mode though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t need to sense the temp if its not in auto mode though.
Don’t you set a temp? Or does yours not maintain a set temperature? That’s what it’s for. It doesn’t necessarily have to be in auto mode to need to know what the cabin temp is. I don’t have any vehicles without at least temp settings. IDK, I leave mine on auto and the only thing I do myself is change the blend setting. I never touch fan or temp. I guess I could leave it on full auto but I like just a little control.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Don’t you set a temp? Or does yours not maintain a set temperature? That’s what it’s for. It doesn’t necessarily have to be in auto mode to need to know what the cabin temp is. I don’t have any vehicles without at least temp settings. IDK, I leave mine on auto and the only thing I do myself is change the blend setting. I never touch fan or temp. I guess I could leave it on full auto but I like just a little control.
Not sure. I set a number but i mean I dont have a freezer thermometer sitting in the console to know what cabin temp is. I always figured ‘60’ was all the way in the blue on old style HVAC controls and ‘90’ was all the way in the red. The change in the sun going behind the clouds will effect how hot it feels in the cabin more than it will the outside air temp changing 3 degrees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645