What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hood strut ✅
View attachment 225547

Guess its been leaking on my steering shaft for a while.... couldn’t see it because....well ....dirt.... almost didn’t post this because its so dirty and its pretty embarrassing to be honest View attachment 225548
One of the few things I’ve never replaced on my Burb. Now I feel like I should just because lol

New battery tonight replaced under warranty. Props to O’Reilly

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a nub on the hood and a nub on a bracket on tge firewall

No pic tho

And for some reason i feel likevthe pickups didn’t have it

For some reason there is no bracket on the firewall neat the engine ground on pickups....iirc

just the gas cylinder as far as I know, I think mine was shot when I bought the truck as well, you will see the little ball to connect it to under the hood if so

So there’s no springs on the hinges like on the NBS?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aha, thought there must be springs. It’s weird though, gm parts show brackets for the strut on the pickups but no strut. Anyway, it won’t help for my truck since there’s no room for the springs and that strut has no chance without them.

Any room for two struts- one on each side?

I used struts from an F-body with mounts from a 2000ish Buick Century to lift and support the hood on my S10. I'd pop it then pick it up about 7" and the struts would lift it the rest of the way with strength to spare. I don't know how much heavier, if any, your hood would be than an F-body. But maybe you could use two GMT900 struts?

Last edited: