What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yeah my sway bar linkswere blown out too on both sides. Makes me wonder exactly how much impact the front sway bars take with these SUV’s. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to replace the sway bar end links on my 2011, they were broke.

I found that the design with the full plastic sleeve caused the metal shaft to rust under the sleeve and get smaller in diameter and brittle. I think that's a poor design. When I replaced them I went with an aftermarket design that just uses washers against the flat stops and bushings. Less area covered up to retain water.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the sway bar end links on my 2011, they were broke.

I found that the design with the full plastic sleeve caused the metal shaft to rust under the sleeve and get smaller in diameter and brittle. I think that's a poor design. When I replaced them I went with an aftermarket design that just uses washers against the flat stops and bushings. Less area covered up to retain water.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
That’s the design of the NBS. I didn’t realize they went to a plastic-sleeved design. Bad decision.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was finally a decent temperature here in Colorado, so I was able to clay bar, paint clean, and wax. Of course, as I was wrapping up, it decided to rain. Weather report only gave a 20% chance of rain. Yes, that's rain drops on the rear window...

We went out at sunup to change the oil and rotate the tires. Daughter was complaining about how hot it was already so the good Lord moved a little cloud over top and cooled us off! Course, now all the studs and lug nuts were wet on one side so I put them on a skillet and waited for the rain to stop. Then dried the studs and used a glove to put the lugs on with the tires.

Got to use the new TPMS tool, best $9.07 I've spent! No more letting air out to relearn sensor positions! Used the Tech-2 to activate the procedure with the truck running, fun stuff.

Inner Finish Panel came in today, some schmoe broke the 2nd one the other day while Ubering. Have to figure out how to get it back on right since my little helper who normally does it is at work tonight. Anyone replace theirs yet? This is our 3rd purchase!

First impression with the new ACDelco oil, I've never seen the oil pressure so high, ever! No rattle on cold start either. Will get some numbers tomorrow or next week.

Reaction score
We went out at sunup to change the oil and rotate the tires. Daughter was complaining about how hot it was already so the good Lord moved a little cloud over top and cooled us off! Course, now all the studs and lug nuts were wet on one side so I put them on a skillet and waited for the rain to stop. Then dried the studs and used a glove to put the lugs on with the tires.

Got to use the new TPMS tool, best $9.07 I've spent! No more letting air out to relearn sensor positions! Used the Tech-2 to activate the procedure with the truck running, fun stuff.

Inner Finish Panel came in today, some schmoe broke the 2nd one the other day while Ubering. Have to figure out how to get it back on right since my little helper who normally does it is at work tonight. Anyone replace theirs yet? This is our 3rd purchase!

First impression with the new ACDelco oil, I've never seen the oil pressure so high, ever! No rattle on cold start either. Will get some numbers tomorrow or next week.

Speaking of oil, I received the GMC Certified Service coupon flyer card thingy in the mail today from the dealer I bought the Denali from and noticed the oil change coupon. 6 qt oil change package, ACDelco Dexos1 Full Synthetic oil, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection for $49.95. Expires 7/15 and I'm due for a change later this month in about 1k miles. Doesn't seem like a bad price, I've been doing my own for years and costs me about $35-40 with Mobil 1 and filter alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM