What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Kept hearing a horrible metal clanging and thump going over bumps and potholes. An inspection quickly revealed that I’d suffered stabilizer links failures on passenger and drivers side. Waited on RA to ship the parts and a little break in the heat from the Texas sun to complete the repair. Initially tightened everything in the air but afterwards placed her back on the ground to tighten and torque to specs. At one point on a recent road trip I’d thought I’d needed a break job due to the shakes when breaking at high speeds. Amazing how the stabilizer links took care of this issue, as noted during the test drive. I’ve been riding for a week now and I’ve rechecked the nuts/bolts to see if they’d backed off at all-nope. Wife is happy, I’m happier.View attachment 223888View attachment 223889View attachment 223890
What's the exact procedure for replacement? Can you get away with putting it together while in the air then tightening with the front wheels on the ground with the weight on the links? Thx.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kept hearing a horrible metal clanging and thump going over bumps and potholes. An inspection quickly revealed that I’d suffered stabilizer links failures on passenger and drivers side. Waited on RA to ship the parts and a little break in the heat from the Texas sun to complete the repair. Initially tightened everything in the air but afterwards placed her back on the ground to tighten and torque to specs. At one point on a recent road trip I’d thought I’d needed a break job due to the shakes when breaking at high speeds. Amazing how the stabilizer links took care of this issue, as noted during the test drive. I’ve been riding for a week now and I’ve rechecked the nuts/bolts to see if they’d backed off at all-nope. Wife is happy, I’m happier.View attachment 223888View attachment 223889View attachment 223890
What brand are those?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the exact procedure for replacement? Can you get away with putting it together while in the air then tightening with the front wheels on the ground with the weight on the links? Thx.
I have always just tightened them up all the way while in the air, putting it on the ground makes it harder because then you are fighting the swaybar.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well crap, after getting up here to Oregon I was checking everything over before heading back and this is new
Hopefully it will just stay that way and not splinter off

View attachment 223818

seeing your reflection in the glass made me chuckle at myself. i guess i always assumed you were the lady in your avi pic :laughing1:

and yes, i can see the flaws in my logic because sadly i am not a cartoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman