What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was thinking. We use those all the time at work, i’d probably go crazy and add a bunch of Hondabond around the base because there’s nothing I despise more than water leaks. The only thing I worry about then is the wire bend above the headliner and then the MC4 bends below the solar module itself.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the fittings. The ends with them spring clamps. I can move the hose so I’ll just get worm gear clamps and see if it’s better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you sure you’re looking at power steering hoses? Those are high pressure. Post some pics. Also, spring clamps are better than worm drive clamps. I’m thinking the ends need to be cut off, reseated and the spring clamps put back on. Unless they’re the wrong size. They keep a constant pressure while things expand and contract, worm drive ones don’t. That’s why manufacturers use them.

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you’re looking at power steering hoses? Those are high pressure. Post some pics. Also, spring clamps are better than worm drive clamps. I’m thinking the ends need to be cut off, reseated and the spring clamps put back on. Unless they’re the wrong size. They keep a constant pressure while things expand and contract, worm drive ones don’t. That’s why manufacturers use them.

100% as one is high pressure the other isn't. as for the spring clamps I absolutely
hate them. but you may be right about the hose.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% as one is high pressure the other isn't. as for the spring clamps I absolutely
hate them. but you may be right about the hose.
Get a pair of spring clamp pliers and you won’t hate them anymore. They ratchet open and swivel on the clamp so you can place it where you need and then release it. They work even in places that are hard to reach. :)

Reaction score
Agreed. I used the worm clamps that came with my aftermarket trans cooler for my remote trans filter, and over the winter the hoses started seeping a bit and dripping trans fluid. I had to tighten the clamps because the rubber lines contracted when it got super cold out. I will be switching them to spring clamps next filter change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove out to Western Virginia to help a friend pick up her dream camper - a little 1970 Shasta Compact 'canned ham'. Did a full inspection in the dark. Structure, axle, bearings, tires and hitch were all solid. Took a moisture meter to the inside walls and they were dry as a bone. But the tail and running lights probably hadn't worked since about 1998 or so. Zip tied some harbor freight magnetic trailer lights to the rear bumper and dragged it back to Richmond. At 1500 lbs, the Denali never knew it was there.

upload_2021-3-17_4-52-10.png
upload_2021-3-17_4-52-28.png

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Also, spring clamps are better than worm drive clamps. I’m thinking the ends need to be cut off, reseated and the spring clamps put back on. Unless they’re the wrong size. They keep a constant pressure while things expand and contract, worm drive ones don’t. That’s why manufacturers use them.
I have the special tool for installing and removing the spring clamps, which makes the process easier. I actually prefer them to worm-drive clamps now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20