What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was thinking. We use those all the time at work, i’d probably go crazy and add a bunch of Hondabond around the base because there’s nothing I despise more than water leaks. The only thing I worry about then is the wire bend above the headliner and then the MC4 bends below the solar module itself.
If you go through in the area where the police vehicles run the light bar cable adjacent to the C pillar there’s plenty of space between the headliner and roof. I just removed a cable as thick as my middle finger from that location, that went through the roof. Let me know if you need a picture to identify the location.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was thinking. We use those all the time at work, i’d probably go crazy and add a bunch of Hondabond around the base because there’s nothing I despise more than water leaks. The only thing I worry about then is the wire bend above the headliner and then the MC4 bends below the solar module itself.
The lightbar cable is 4#10 conductors in an outer jacket. Plenty of room for it. Solar should be no issue.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, ive seen some parts for sale here but theyre listed for '14+. I thought the '14 model was still a NNBS and something else from '15+, what changed?

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
If you go through in the area where the police vehicles run the light bar cable adjacent to the C pillar there’s plenty of space between the headliner and roof. I just removed a cable as thick as my middle finger from that location, that went through the roof. Let me know if you need a picture to identify the location.
Oooo yes please. That would be awesome

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dreaming about tossing together a 6.0 with brand new block, crank, pistons, rings, bearings, and all gaskets that i don't already have...
View attachment 273632

:hmmm2:

I think you can buy a long block reman 6.0 from one of the major rebuilders for your estimate so far.

You don’t get to “stage 2+” it, or have the satisfaction of your own rebuild, but pretty cost effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10