What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleared a P0442 that set while we were having dinner. Truck runs tests after you shut it off and I noticed when remote start didn't work that something must've set. Cleared it and while idling it did not return. Will see tomorrow. Hate looking at yellow lights on my dash! Got a long run coming up and don't want to be looking at that.

Time to turn all that junk off and throw it in the garbage.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took one of my odyssey batteries on Monday into 4wheel parts where I bought it because I kept getting a low battery message after just a couple minutes with the radio on, the battery is only 2yrs old, they give a 3 yr warranty. They tested it in some manner, warrantied it and gave me a brand new one today :) can't complain about that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's me I certainly would just to be on the safe side. How many miles are on your yukon? I would have assumed that you would have been hearing odd noises coming from that axle and such before failure but maybe I'm mistaken about that.

Have you seen the stereo system in that thing? He ain't never going to hear none of that! LOL

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Put E85 in it today for the first time. The gas lid/door shows E85 capable and I know I have some components that are capable as well. It doesn't have the flex fuel badge, but according to the manual, I have the correct VIN code(8th digit 0/3) so we will see how it goes.

What are the benefits/downfalls of E85?

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put E85 in it today for the first time. The gas lid/door shows E85 capable and I know I have some components that are capable as well. It doesn't have the flex fuel badge, but according to the manual, I have the correct VIN code(8th digit 0/3) so we will see how it goes.

What are the benefits/downfalls of E85?
Benefit- a little more gitty up and seat of the pants hp.

Downside- more crappy gas milage.

I never got better than 10mpg highway with e85. I average 16 with 87 and bully dog 87 tune and 19 with 93 and BD 93 tune.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
It was .45 cheaper and I figured why not give it a try. If it's gonna give me crappy mpg, then I'll stick with 87.

Does it have any adverse effects on components? I feel like I remember hearing something about it a long time ago.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
180k, assured original part and 24inch rims.
FWIW, it seems to be common among all vehicles that front suspension failure occurs during backing while turning at parking lot speeds. That must be what puts the most stress on the ball joints. Back when I had a Sunbeam Tiger, that was the common scenario for failure (though far more frequent than it should have been due to faulty design). Thankfully, that's when yours broke. Curious to know age, mileage and any other history of that part. Yes, I'd replace the other side, too.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was .45 cheaper and I figured why not give it a try. If it's gonna give me crappy mpg, then I'll stick with 87.

Does it have any adverse effects on components? I feel like I remember hearing something about it a long time ago.

You have to calculate it by cents-per-mile. Even with the lesser MPG, it still may cost you less per mile than 87. Then there's the increase in power that may make it even more beneficial to you. I happened across an E85 station today and it was only 10 cents cheaper than 87. There's no way that 10 cents per gallon savings will offset the loss in MPG.

No adverse effects if your vehicle is set up for it (Flex Fuel capable). E10 and E15 can be used in non-Flex Fuel vehicles because it's such a small amount. I wouldn't let it sit in non-FF vehicles, lawn equipment, classic cars, etc. for more than a few days, though.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
You have to calculate it by cents-per-mile. Even with the lesser MPG, it still may cost you less per mile than 87. Then there's the increase in power that may make it even more beneficial to you. I happened across an E85 station today and it was only 10 cents cheaper than 87. There's no way that 10 cents per gallon savings will offset the loss in MPG.

No adverse effects if your vehicle is set up for it (Flex Fuel capable). E10 and E15 can be used in non-Flex Fuel vehicles because it's such a small amount. I wouldn't let it sit in non-FF vehicles, lawn equipment, classic cars, etc. for more than a few days, though.

E85 = 6HP more and 13ft lbs more than regular gas.

According to the factory specs.

Not a dramatic increase in power for a 5000+ LB truck.

***EDIT***

Except for maybe the Yukon... they were rated lower than the Tahoe for some reason. Never really looked at the E85 specs for those but if it is the same as the Tahoe's specs then the power increase for E85 would be more noticeable.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just checked... Yukon was rated 10HP lower than the Tahoe. But the E85 HP/TQ specs are the same.

So for a Yukon driver, running E85 would provide a 16HP increase.

rps20190117_180306_516.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike_16_denali