What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im on a radar detector forum, been doing that for a while.
If they IO you "instant on" you are toast in .2 seconds.
My K band gun is instant, laser takes about a second or two. Have laser jammers on my vette, it works as tested by 4 lidar guns.

Best chance is they leave it CO, constant on....I call that my cop detector, love it when they do that except it can be annoying.
If you get a hit from someone ahead and you pick up on it, you are lucky. Lazy cops that just sit and leave it on are the best, the sneaky IO shots suck unless you are not being hit yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if they hit you twice real fast like that, does a detector do any good or do they already have you? I’m curious because I haven’t used one in years and some say the new stuff happens too fast to slow down.
well I wasn't really paying attention like I should have been the kids had me about ready to blow a fuse so I kind of ignored it initially but if I had hit the brakes real fast the first time he might have not got a big number the second time I rarely get tickets on the highway, but son a gun I got another one this morning :mad::mad: they got me in a underpass that goes down a hill and is really easy go over the limit on and caught me right as hit the bottom it's a b.s. ticket because they know it's easy prey right there this time he was only about 300 feet away so nothing I could do.
guess I have to drive like you normies now for a while.... two in a row is m.o. since I had a license usually get them within a few days of each other but not usually within 24 hours :eek: I think they had extra officers on duty because there was supposed to be a big storm and it's kind of just missed us by 50 miles. seen like 15-20 cops this morning and normally there in hiding at the doughnut shop or whatever....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may have helped had you hit the donut shop FIRST and had a box lying on the seat with your DL and reg/ins on top.
lol, right? I didn't even try to talk my way out of that one he had me fair and square I just handed him my license and said dang I just got one last night hoping maybe he wouldn't a have cold blooded heart, but he did :(

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The V1 has saved me though, many many times, I have it set for instant on with even a weak radar signal but when there right there and your not paying attention bam it's over.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Took the new headlights out and put the old nasty oxidized ones back in. Sending them back and either getting a different brand or oem.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the new headlights out and put the old nasty oxidized ones back in. Sending them back and either getting a different brand or oem.
TYC off rockauto (or whereever else) is a good brand to get.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if they hit you twice real fast like that, does a detector do any good or do they already have you? I’m curious because I haven’t used one in years and some say the new stuff happens too fast to slow down.

If they hit you, they hit you. A detector of any kind can not stop this. The key with detecting radar is to see the signal hitting other cars ahead of you so you have warning. It's a "see-them-before-they-see-you" game. Cheap detectors can't see so far ahead and/or are triggered (or even blinded) by other signals.

With radar being shot from the side of a busy highway, it's almost entirely up to the officer to pick out which car is the offender because a radar beam spreads out at a rapid rate the further it reaches from the gun. At 1/4 mile away, the beam can be bouncing off of multiple cars riding side-by-side. Because of this, the officer will usually wait until someone is closer before reading the speed so they can be more accurate. Some places have laws that limit the officer to reading speeds within a certain distance. To catch those with detectors, they use the "Instant-On" feature so nobody has a warning and they can fire the beam when the car is up close. Again, a good detector can see this signal going on and off long before the driver is too close to react. The "lazy" officer can sit in their car and leave the radar on and respond to it at their discretion. Those with (good) detectors will have plenty of warning for this instance.

With laser, the officer has virtually pinpoint accuracy and they are all IO- they can't just be left on and reading speeds the whole time. If they hit you with laser, they have your speed- Period. Your detector is then just a ticket notifier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowCountryTim