What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one for the gasser (just because), but really want one for my kettle(s). They’re just so damn proud of them.. I do have a kettle pizza though, and it’s pretty badass!

Yeah, $234 for a genuine Weber one sheesh. :mad:

A lot of guys run the "only fire" brand

It seals better than the older style weber brand ones that I have.
I got two rings and the little spike pieces and a motor at an estate sale. They came with a gen 1(stainless steel) performer for 40 bucks, and I ground down a spot on a genesis spit to use on one, and bought a cheap spit and motor for the other one. The only fire would probably produce more consistent Temps and use less charcoal, because mine just sit on some tabs and don't seal around the bowl of the kettle.

I want a pizzakettle, but I think I will just end up cutting a chunk out of an old lid for a diy pizza oven.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a needle scaler and some "rust kutter"(phosphoric acid) to treat the rusty parts on my frame, I think I'm gonna try to loom these last couple wires and get started on the rust today. I'm debating if I should paint over the rust kutter or just spray everything down with atf/pb blaster mixture so I the rust comes back it isn't under a layer of paint.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is ATF/ blaster mixture?
ATF = Automatic transmission fluid?
Pb= Lead?
Blaster?

When I do Rost protection I remove the old loose rust and dirt, with a high pressure washer and then I remove the rust mechanically, but not with the needle rust remover, which is completely unsuitable in many places in the car, then I use rust converter to bind the rust.. Then I apply a suitable rust paint to the areas, if they are exposed to spray water accordingly to protect. After that I apply Fluid Film. I don't know if it's available in the US It's a sensational antirust stuff that's normally used for preserving ballast water tanks on seagoing vessels. After that i spray perma film from the same manufacturer on. That gives a hardened surface. this combination helps prevent new rust very good.

Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is ATF/ blaster mixture?
ATF = Automatic transmission fluid?
Pb= Lead?
Blaster?

When I do Rost protection I remove the old loose rust and dirt, with a high pressure washer and then I remove the rust mechanically, but not with the needle rust remover, which is completely unsuitable in many places in the car, then I use rust converter to bind the rust.. Then I apply a suitable rust paint to the areas, if they are exposed to spray water accordingly to protect. After that I apply Fluid Film. I don't know if it's available in the US It's a sensational antirust stuff that's normally used for preserving ballast water tanks on seagoing vessels. After that i spray perma film from the same manufacturer on. That gives a hardened surface. this combination helps prevent new rust very good.
PB Blaster is a proprietary name brand of penetrating/lubricant spray.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PB Blaster ist eine geschützte Marke für Penetrations-/Schmiermittelsprays.
And that you mix with automatic transmission fluid? :oops:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you hearing about mixing them? And for what? Context?
It was from @Walchit a few posts up...

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you hearing about mixing them? And for what? Context?
@walchid wrote:

"I'm debating if I should paint over the rust kutter or just spray everything down with atf/pb blaster mixture so I the rust comes back it isn't under a layer of paint."

That's why I as a stupid German thinks. What are these great Americans which a able to lauch the James Webb Telescope, mix to protect a car from rust? ;)

And because I don't know any American brands for rust protection, I wondered what is a mixture of "atf" which I only know as "automatic transmission fluid" and this "Pb blaster", which I already thankfully learned from @MassHoe04 ... Thank you... :thumbsup:

Now I still wonder what he mean with ATF...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian