What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the look.
But, it would probably be extremely painful the first time you have to start cutting into all that hard work to trace down a circuit issue...
Split loom for me.
If I have to peel off any of this split loom I'm gonna cry too though! Lol
I wrapped the wire in tesa tape before putting the loom on, hopefully it protects it.

This is the piece of loom that inspired this job, if I would have known that it and a couple others were the only crunchy ones I might have just done those couple pieces. Too late now...

Attachments

• 20230406_135041.jpg
    20230406_135041.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 7

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I have to peel off any of this split loom I'm gonna cry too though! Lol
I wrapped the wire in tesa tape before putting the loom on, hopefully it protects it.

This is the piece of loom that inspired this job, if I would have known that it and a couple others were the only crunchy ones I might have just done those couple pieces. Too late now...
Can’t wait to see it all done! ..and I’m sure you can’t either…

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran a couple trigger wires for the fans, need to pin them into the ecu. Wish I would have de-pinned the ones from the junkyard, but this should work.
Not sure if you need any info on this, or if I’m too late in the process, but I bought these parts to help with the fan connections:
ACDelco GM Original Equipment... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055AMAWQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Can’t seem to find the pins at the moment.. I’ll update if I can find them. That connector was a great find. Was a PITA figuring out the correct one.

I have these in my history, but I know I had found the sealed ones, so don’t believe I used any of these.. :(

Delphi Micro-Pack 100W Series Female Unsealed Terminal 12084912 25 PCS https://a.co/d/hVDrTjs

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if you need any info on this, or if I’m too late in the process, but I bought these parts to help with the fan connections:
ACDelco GM Original Equipment... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055AMAWQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Can’t seem to find the pins at the moment.. I’ll update if I can find them. That connector was a great find. Was a PITA figuring out the correct one.

I have these in my history, but I know I had found the sealed ones, so don’t believe I used any of these.. :(

Delphi Micro-Pack 100W Series Female Unsealed Terminal 12084912 25 PCS https://a.co/d/hVDrTjs

Sorry this pic is so big. That pin number seems to work in the sealed connector; isn't the seal done by the connector body? I don't know if that's the correct pin, but it's the one that was referenced.

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you installed the alternator and wiring, did you have to leave the negative ground sensor hooked up? When I installed mine and disconnected it, the battery light on the dash came on. I thought I could leave it disconnected so the alternator will run full amperage all the time when paired with the P103 module?
Sorry for the late response. I have a 2002 Tahoe and I installed it as the instruction detailed - which included running a wire to to my fuse box that provided 12V with key on.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not Tahoe content exactly, but figured you guys would still appreciate it.

Buttoning up my '02 Silverado 2500. 6.0 just went down for major overhaul/maintenance. New motor mounts, cam, lifters, hardened pushrods, head studs, refreshed 862 heads, rockers with improved trunion, stainless shorty headers, upgraded trans cooler, tranny fluid change, replaced tranny cooler lines, etc.

Went with a Summit SUM-8719R1, for those curious. .550"/.550" 209/[email protected] 112±1LSA

I expect it'll be pretty happy in the 6.0, particularly with the increase in compression with the 862 heads. Excited to have it all buttoned back up and get it tuned/back on the road.

20230408_193114.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget

Latest posts