What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not unless they either take the time to destroy the steering column or remove the front prop shaft. You can’t get to the shift linkage on the trans because propshaft. The one time someone did try to steal it, they spent their effort on the ignition cylinder and switch. Passlock stopped them. They never got it into neutral either. Besides, if someone want’s something bad enough they can get it. I’m pretty sure the idiots in this town will still be trying to get the thing to start when I break their necks.
ive seen security vids. 20 seconds and gone. you can see em rip it out of park. then another truck pushed it off.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen security vids. 20 seconds and gone. you can see em rip it out of park. then another truck pushed it off.
this would help with that issue but they are pricey.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20 isn’t it? :gathering:
I actually had the foresight, but I didnt wanna use the boards I have cause they are pretty decent looking, lol. I'll probably round up a sheet of plywood or something for the install.

I ended up wiggling it out enough to get a strap on the front leg and pulling it out like the anchor guy in a tug of war, lol

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced heater hoses and tees yesterday, they were the original to the truck I figured it was a good investment. Vice grips with a sawzall blade became my friend to get the old ones out. Also replaced coolant temp sensor, steam pipe gaskets up front, radiator, expansion tank. Then did the efan conversion, replaced the electrical box cover, got the new harness to fit in the OEM location but had to do some moving around there was a harness right there in that spot already.20230322_184643.jpg20230322_214243.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Replaced heater hoses and tees yesterday, they were the original to the truck I figured it was a good investment. Vice grips with a sawzall blade became my friend to get the old ones out. Also replaced coolant temp sensor, steam pipe gaskets up front, radiator, expansion tank. Then did the efan conversion, replaced the electrical box cover, got the new harness to fit in the OEM location but had to do some moving around there was a harness right there in that spot already.View attachment 395058View attachment 395059
How will you activate your fans?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just realized how bad my truck looks with the turn signals looking like crap. Water has been getting in, and it ate away at the chrome finish in the inside of the light, so the light now looks all d and black and nasty looking, yet the passenger side light still looks new.
Does anyone know where I can get some GOOD quality all clear bumper lights/turn signal lights for a NBS? I don't like the ones with orange reflectors, not even the small tiny reflectors. I prefer completely chrome and clear or if possible a clear/white reflector. Haven't seen any with clear/white reflectors for sale in well over 10 years now. I have gone through a few sets of cheap Egay clear turn signals and they ALL end up leaking. Some leak after 6-8 months, some have lasted 2-3 years before leaking, but they ALL end up leaking.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How will you activate your fans?
I had my truck tuned already and he turned the fans on when he did that, which motivated me to do the conversion.
My only regret is not knowing enough ahead of time about the settings, my ac system settings are maxed out so the fans only respond to coolant temp. I don't get cold AC until my truck warms up to 184 and they kick on.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just realized how bad my truck looks with the turn signals looking like crap. Water has been getting in, and it ate away at the chrome finish in the inside of the light, so the light now looks all d and black and nasty looking, yet the passenger side light still looks new.
Does anyone know where I can get some GOOD quality all clear bumper lights/turn signal lights for a NBS? I don't like the ones with orange reflectors, not even the small tiny reflectors. I prefer completely chrome and clear or if possible a clear/white reflector. Haven't seen any with clear/white reflectors for sale in well over 10 years now. I have gone through a few sets of cheap Egay clear turn signals and they ALL end up leaking. Some leak after 6-8 months, some have lasted 2-3 years before leaking, but they ALL end up leaking.
Whenever I buy a new lens--aftermarket or oem, I always run a thin bead of silicone around the inside edge where the clear and black come together. I then put some dielectric (sp?)grease on the bulb gasket. I haven't had a leaky lens yet.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my truck tuned already and he turned the fans on when he did that, which motivated me to do the conversion.
My only regret is not knowing enough ahead of time about the settings, my ac system settings are maxed out so the fans only respond to coolant temp. I don't get cold AC until my truck warms up to 184 and they kick on.
So the fan turn-on AC pressures were not changed, only ECT temps set?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC