What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. My gearbox is a reman unit. What helped me the most was new idler,pitman, idler bracket and gear box. I did all this at the same time and really improved my steering

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped new Delco Rad in this morning. Looks like truck was running on OEM radiator as well and it failed at lower driver side corner. PLease make sure you have a decent pair of hose clamp pliers or 2 or 3!!! They are a pain in the rear. i spent more time jacking with the hose clamps than pulling out the rad and fan assembly.
Hmm I should probably replace mine soon as I am still on the original one with 200k+

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. My gearbox is a reman unit. What helped me the most was new idler,pitman, idler bracket and gear box. I did all this at the same time and really improved my steering
Which gearbox did you go with? OEM? Who rebuilt it? I hear used/rebuilt is a gamble.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Which gearbox did you go with? OEM? Who rebuilt it? I hear used/rebuilt is a gamble.
The best gear boxes are the redhead or blue top, the autopart store gearboxes are a hit and miss. They only replace the seals and they almost never replace the worn out wears.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
came home from work, windows down i keep hearing this squeal sound, happens when i hit the brakes and after i let off for a bit. seems like a hung up caliper. ive not done jack to this truck other then oil changes in 3 years. so now work must happen. it was a good run i must say tho. tires need to be rotated, so alls not lost i suppose lol

and i just bought a battery powered impact gun and a new 3 ton floor jack, time to put that stuff to the test.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
came home from work, windows down i keep hearing this squeal sound, happens when i hit the brakes and after i let off for a bit. seems like a hung up caliper. ive not done jack to this truck other then oil changes in 3 years. so now work must happen. it was a good run i must say tho. tires need to be rotated, so alls not lost i suppose lol

and i just bought a battery powered impact gun and a new 3 ton floor jack, time to put that stuff to the test.
Which impact did you get? I have air, and it's a pita to hook everything up.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons