What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you shoot him, before he can damage other GMT 800?
No need ammo to expensive!! Hahaha!! I'm over it I got the claim in and should be taking it to the collision shop before end of week. It's and old truck, I know it but I don't spent money of full coverage for no reason!! Probably go get my alignment checked at firestone this morning since I got on the curb to keep from taking more damamge and luckily my wheels were not damaged!

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need ammo to expensive!! Hahaha!! I'm over it I got the claim in and should be taking it to the collision shop before end of week. It's and old truck, I know it but I don't spent money of full coverage for no reason!! Probably go get my alignment checked at firestone this morning since I got on the curb to keep from taking more damamge and luckily my wheels were not damaged!
I'd add that to your insurance claim

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I changed the o-ring of my oil pump.

Therefore and to clean the engine as well I drove to the fuel station open my hood and tanked one liter diesel in my engine, drove half an hour and then flushed the oil.

The people at the fuel station really looked at me with a strange look. :favorites37:

After that I disassembled my oil pan and changed the O-ring.

Attachments

• 20230620_145625.JPG
    20230620_145625.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230620_145201.JPG
    20230620_145201.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230620_145203.JPG
    20230620_145203.JPG
    394.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230620_145500.JPG
    20230620_145500.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 4

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less than 500 miles on the new motor and tune and some sack of garbage decides to side swipe me. No insurance or driver license either. Already filed claim and looking at a 250 deductible=/. Not bad but Damm there goes my oem fender!!
That sucks.

Last edited:

Gmg0547

Reaction score
Today I changed the o-ring of my oil pump.

Therefore and to clean the engine as well I drove to the fuel station open my hood and tanked one liter diesel in my engine, drove half an hour and then flushed the oil.

The people at the fuel station really looked at me with a strange look. :favorites37:

After that I disassembled my oil pan and changed the O-ring.
How big of a job is this?

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a big problem if you have a lift and a little bit experience. I think I need about two hours.

You must drain the oil.
Then disassemble the steel bar under the oil pan with 4 screws.
Then lose 4 screws at the differential to lower that, to have enough space to remove the oil pan.
Then remove all oil pan screws.
Then remove the oil pan
Then on the oil tube there are 2 nuts and one screw you have to remove.
Then you can take the oil tube out, remove the o- ring and everything return.
The oil pan gasket was attached to my oil pan with two rivets. I think this is still from production. I had to drill out these two rivets.
You should also use sealant on the corners of the new oil pan gasket because the front and rear covers of the engine come together and the oil pan can leak there. and you should urgently tighten the oil pan bolts with torque.
When inserting, I attached the oil pan gasket to two screw holes with two cable ties so that it stays in position, which I then cut off again before screwing it tight.

All in all two hours of work, no big problem and afterwards a good feeling, because this o-ring was in my stomach the whole time. If it fails and you don't pay attention to the oil pressure, you have an engine problem.

And by the way.
You need the O-ring, a oil pan gasket, some liquid sealing, the gasket of the oil lines to the oil cooler at the oil pan.
And additionally an oil filter and oil

Last edited:

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the other thing on the Denali is the oil cooler line hold down bracket. You need to remove it and their is a certain sequence. I don't quite remember what but I remember having an issue where I had to put things back together in order to remove something. Also the long skinny bolts have a low torque value in inch pounds they are easy to strip out if you are not careful.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the other thing on the Denali is the oil cooler line hold down bracket. You need to remove it and their is a certain sequence. I don't quite remember what but I remember having an issue where I had to put things back together in order to remove something. Also the long skinny bolts have a low torque value in inch pounds they are easy to strip out if you are not careful.
Do you mean the hold down bracket of the transmission oil cooler line? That is only mounted with the small screw you can remove and afterward tighten it again. It is a little bit narrow to work there, but possible.
Yes I had no torque for the two long screws, but due to experience my magic hands are like a torque wrench... ;)

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the hold down bracket of the transmission oil cooler line? That is only mounted with the small screw you can remove and afterward tighten it again. It is a little bit narrow to work there, but possible.
Yes I had no torque for the two long screws, but due to experience my magic hands are like a torque wrench... ;)
No the engine cooler lines hold down, it's right near one of the front axle bolts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrb1usa