What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know about this "problems" with rear hatch glass, but impossibile to find 2006 redesigned glass here, also only Escalade were sold here(different 3rd brake light..).

Anybody know this company, they tell will ship internationally, and the only I was able to found with 2006 redesign glass.

Shipping that glass anywhere, especially overseas, will be risky. The hatches are delicate and can break easily in transit so keep that in mind if you’re going to order that hatch and have it shipped.

You can use an Escalade hatch as @Tonyrodz suggested^ I have a hatch and third brake light off a 2005 Escalade on my 2006 Yukon Denali with the Escalade third brake light. I did it because it ties in with the Escalade roof rack and pillar cover swap that I did to my truck. It’s a direct swap as the Escalade and Tahoe/Yukon hatch mounts to the tailgate the exact same way. Like stated the Escalade third brake light is different but it will work if you find one local to you. That might be a better option to have a Yukon hatch shipped anywhere and the risk of it getting damaged during transit to you.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emptied the whole ounce of oil out of my catchcan, checked the engine oil level and drove to the Taco Time for dinner, utilizing boost a few times just to make sure the Whipple is still working. Check, check and check. :p

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know about this "problems" with rear hatch glass, but impossibile to find 2006 redesigned glass here, also only Escalade were sold here(different 3rd brake light..).

Anybody know this company, they tell will ship internationally, and the only I was able to found with 2006 redesign glass.

Never heard of them but if they have a good BBB rating you should be fine ordering from them. Even items like glass can, and are, shipped all over the world, as long as they're packed correctly. Companies like that wouldn't be in business for long if the glass arrived messed up. I had a dash shipped to me from a dealer that was in a box custom made for that huge fragile piece. I think it could have been dropped off a rooftop and still be ok. I checked out of curiosity on that glass and they wanted to charge me $189 to the West coast of the US so I'm wondering what they would charge you- did you get that far in the process?

diLucca

Reaction score
Never heard of them but if they have a good BBB rating you should be fine ordering from them. Even items like glass can, and are, shipped all over the world, as long as they're packed correctly. Companies like that wouldn't be in business for long if the glass arrived messed up. I had a dash shipped to me from a dealer that was in a box custom made for that huge fragile piece. I think it could have been dropped off a rooftop and still be ok. I checked out of curiosity on that glass and they wanted to charge me $189 to the West coast of the US so I'm wondering what they would charge you- did you get that far in the process?
Asked about shipping yesterday but still no reply.

Anyway I found 300km from my location an updated glass from 2005 tahoe, so I hope it survive trip in my small “winter wagen”(BMW E36 compact )

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Mine has been broken over a year. I stream music on spotify so it's no big deal. This may motivate me to fix it but I would prefer to extract the broken stud
I don't think the stud is screwed in on the original, looks like all one piece to me. You can buy a new base but it comes with the cable to route into the dash. I have read about some who pull the cable out the old base and the new base, I have also read where the cable comes out with the connector is still stuck in the base. I figured for $18 I'd try this out first.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the stud is screwed in on the original, looks like all one piece to me. You can buy a new base but it comes with the cable to route into the dash. I have read about some who pull the cable out the old base and the new base, I have also read where the cable comes out with the connector is still stuck in the base. I figured for $18 I'd try this out first.
???? I doubt that is true about the original antena not being stud mounted to the base. I'm hoping folks will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900