What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Two new front Denso Oxygen sensors
ACD 41-110 plugs with new Wires
I'm also trying to mount the Amazon oil catch can I bought over a year ago but looks like a trip to hardware store will be needed. Last week my CEL came in for the front O2s so I did both of them for good measure. I had the plugs sitting in tool box over 9 months also so I figure it was time. Boy that passenger rear plug is a jerk!! I removed the oil dip stick for more clearance and she came out easy.

The simple solution to the #8 spark plug access:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm also trying to mount the Amazon oil catch can I bought over a year ago but looks like a trip to hardware store will be needed. Last week my CEL came in for the front O2s so I did both of them for good measure. I had the plugs sitting in tool box over 9 months also so I figure it was time. Boy that passenger rear plug is a jerk!! I removed the oil dip stick for more clearance and she came out easy.
Did you have a hard time with the o2's? I had to take mine to a garage because I stripped one. I even used those special o2 sockets.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Happen to take any pics of the new plugs? I'm curious who makes them for ACDelco's "Professional" line. Also, did you confirm they were authentic? Not trying to scare you, but it could be a matter of life or death for your engine. The print on the box looks blurry, but that could just be the camera's focus. For reference:

Also, I'd advise you to check that baffle inside the catch can to ensure it's either aluminum or stainless steel. There are some of that style with regular carbon steel baffles that will corrode. While it's open, add a stainless steel scrubbing pad to increase the catch can's effectiveness.

scotch-brite-sponges-scouring-pads-214c-cc-64_1000.jpg

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a hard time with the o2's? I had to take mine to a garage because I stripped one. I even used those special o2 sockets.
Little torch had to come out and play on the driver side one. Heated it up about 2 mins n it broke loose. I knew it was going to be a fun one so I had the torch n sockets ready to prevent rounding the nuts

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks good. I will try it next time.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happen to take any pics of the new plugs? I'm curious who makes them for ACDelco's "Professional" line. Also, did you confirm they were authentic? Not trying to scare you, but it could be a matter of life or death for your engine. The print on the box looks blurry, but that could just be the camera's focus. For reference:

Also, I'd advise you to check that baffle inside the catch can to ensure it's either aluminum or stainless steel. There are some of that style with regular carbon steel baffles that will corrode. While it's open, add a stainless steel scrubbing pad to increase the catch can's effectiveness.

View attachment 388126
I bought the plugs directly from an ACD distributor. No doubts they are authentic.

The can is the amazon special folks were installing last year on here. I've had it well over a year in the garage. What so u mean by the "baffle"? It looks to be an aluminum piece all around and they included a pad similar to that picture of the scotch Brite pads posted.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hey there

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If replacing O2 sensors with new...
I disconnect the connector from the harness and snip the pigtail off the O2 sensor with wire snips.
That way, you do not need any special tool or socket to remove.

Without the connector plug on the sensor, you can easily slip a good box wrench on the sensor.
I got mine out with a few light taps on the box wrench with a hammer. Nothing crazy... Just tap-tap and both broke free without issue.
Didn't need the torch and the box wrench got a firm grip on the sensor without slipping or rounding.

Sizing of the wrench is key...Not sure if it was SAE or metric. I just made sure the fit on the box wrench was the one that did not wiggle when I was fitting it to the sensor.
If you can feel the wrench wiggle the slightest when you slip it on, it might start rounding over on you.

I believe the copper anti-seize we all have in our garages is the wrong kind and can be a problem if used.
Too much of a good thing is also not good, so use just what they give you.
New sensors from Ac/Delco, NGK or Denso should all come with a little squeeze tube of anti-seize in the box. Be sure to use it. The kind they supply with the sensor is the kind intended for the sensors and is the right amount.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the plugs directly from an ACD distributor. No doubts they are authentic.

The can is the amazon special folks were installing last year on here. I've had it well over a year in the garage. What so u mean by the "baffle"? It looks to be an aluminum piece all around and they included a pad similar to that picture of the scotch Brite pads posted.

A year or so ago is when I saw some of those ubiquitous Amazon cans had a carbon steel baffle. They were otherwise identical. The baffle is the round plate with holes in it. I saw pics of someone opening theirs after it being installed for so long to find that plate was rusted to a mush. Now that you mentioned it, I do recall some of the cans including the Scotch Brite pad.

There are still many blindly getting screwed by counterfeit spark plugs so I had to mention it. Sounds like you're good to go. Carry on!