What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 2005 2500 Suburban to a mechanic on Monday. Trying to figure out why half my cluster has no power, the power mirrors/windows/door locks do not work, the lights on the dash don't work, and Quadrasteer doesn't work. Also, when plugging into the OBDII port, they get no signal. My regular mechanic started at the door switches which tested out good, but just couldn't figure it out (he is normally very good; he also didn't charge me for failure!). The new mechanic was recommended by a friend, and he only had a 10 day wait to get in; my mechanic's normal electrical guy had an 8 week wait. This is my wife's car and she is getting aggravated...

Anyway, if any of you have ever had an issue where the OBDII port wasn't working, feel free to share.

diLucca

Reaction score
Took my 2005 2500 Suburban to a mechanic on Monday. Trying to figure out why half my cluster has no power, the power mirrors/windows/door locks do not work, the lights on the dash don't work, and Quadrasteer doesn't work. Also, when plugging into the OBDII port, they get no signal. My regular mechanic started at the door switches which tested out good, but just couldn't figure it out (he is normally very good; he also didn't charge me for failure!). The new mechanic was recommended by a friend, and he only had a 10 day wait to get in; my mechanic's normal electrical guy had an 8 week wait. This is my wife's car and she is getting aggravated...

Anyway, if any of you have ever had an issue where the OBDII port wasn't working, feel free to share.
OBD port is fused on cigarette lighter fuse.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Original or aftermarket stereo?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original or aftermarket stereo?
Aftermarket. It's the same stereo it has had since I bought it in 2017. I haven't checked to see if it works or not, but it does display the time; the wrong time, due to all the dead battery situations...

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done and Done. Both the fuel compensator and evap cannister have been R&R. Wow that cannister was a major PITA. Sorry no pictures because my phone died. Glad to have both jobs completed.
I was cleaning out the garage this morning, getting ready to head to the dump. I had some old car parts in a pile off to the side. One of them was the evap canister. Picked it up and it reminded me how heavy it was compared to the new one I installed. Fuel contaminated? Glad I got it changed before it failed.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket. It's the same stereo it has had since I bought it in 2017. I haven't checked to see if it works or not, but it does display the time; the wrong time, due to all the dead battery situations...
I'd pull the radio and CHMS fuses. I've found the CHMS can interfere with the ODBII port. Prolly not it since yours doesn't work at all but easy to try.

diLucca

Reaction score
First of all Merry and peaceful Christmas for everyone here.

I am a little confused, why Chevrolet did not sell Tahoes in Dubai with tinted(privacy) glass.
But, I am happy to have an new rear window, and also with "somehow updated" design from 2005 model year :)

Also I bought from him facelift tail lights(with black trim), but turn signal socket does not fit, but according to rockauto catalogue, the socket is the same for all model years ("00-"06).

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpeg
    IMG_1129.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1128.jpeg
    IMG_1128.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 8

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two new front Denso Oxygen sensors
ACD 41-110 plugs with new Wires
I'm also trying to mount the Amazon oil catch can I bought over a year ago but looks like a trip to hardware store will be needed. Last week my CEL came in for the front O2s so I did both of them for good measure. I had the plugs sitting in tool box over 9 months also so I figure it was time. Boy that passenger rear plug is a jerk!! I removed the oil dip stick for more clearance and she came out easy.

Attachments

• 20221226_161651.jpg
    20221226_161651.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221226_162908.jpg
    20221226_162908.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz