What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s my best friend for sure, I do pretty much everything with him. He watches closely, likes to figure out what each tool does. When he was younger he did not like anything powered except my trucks because those were fun to ride in. But lawnmowers, vacuum cleaners, impact guns, saws etc he would bark at and try to attack so I’d have to put him inside the house. He has since made peace with them.
Your playful dog probably figured out those "things" didn't play back......

Now your dog will find something else to play with ??

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced OE stock headlight and corner lamp assemblies with TYC from Rock Auto yesterday.
I was thinking DEPO brand, because NAPA sells them and must be good enough for them to sell to repair shops.
I got the full set of four by TYC for bout $85 at RA, because they specifically listed as CAPA certified.

They were identical in every way to the originals, including the little metal clips on the outer ends of the headlamp assemblies.
Build and fit were perfection.

Despite some packing complaints I have seen, I have never had an issue with RA getting stuff to me in good condition. The box I got was well fitted with the four TYC boxes packed tight inside, then the rest of the void was well-packed with air pillow material.
For parts that were pretty fragile, I was impressed on ** well protected everything was!

Now my passenger headlamp is not pointing to the sky anymore (the adjuster broke and it kinda flopped around a bit).

Extremely please with these TYC from RA!

Before...

You can see how far in the passenger headlight is pushed back away from the trim vs. the after photo with the new assembly installed.

20221010_143043.jpg

After...

20221010_151443.jpg
20221010_151504.jpg

Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took decades, but finally pulled the trigger to upgrade from my 1980's Craftsman 26" Home Tools edition tool chest to a 41" Husky...

It was taking longer to find things (or not find things) or pull tools out of a pig-pile, especially after the bottom two drawers of the lower unit let go and the drawers were stack on whatever was in the "garage" space at the bottom of the lower unit. I had to lift the two drawers out (with whatever was in them) to get to the hammers and pry bars at the bottom of the mess.

44" U.S. General from Harbor Freight would have been nice, but it was just a bit more than I could afford.

$648 from Home Depot seemed like a fair price for that size from what I had been looking at.
Now I have a ton of capacity and will be able to get a lot of tools off the work bench and into designated drawers!
Less time looking should speed up any projects or repairs!!!!

Was thinking of settling for another 26" or maybe 30", but Super happy I finally got funds together to get the 41" combo set I have eyeballed for several years now.

20221011_000838.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took decades, but finally pulled the trigger to upgrade from my 1980's Craftsman 26" Home Tools edition tool chest to a 41" Husky...

It was taking longer to find things (or not find things) or pull tools out of a pig-pile, especially after the bottom two drawers of the lower unit let go and the drawers were stack on whatever was in the "garage" space at the bottom of the lower unit. I had to lift the two drawers out (with whatever was in them) to get to the hammers and pry bars at the bottom of the mess.

44" U.S. General from Harbor Freight would have been nice, but it was just a bit more than I could afford.

$648 from Home Depot seemed like a fair price for that size from what I had been looking at.
Now I have a ton of capacity and will be able to get a lot of tools off the work bench and into designated drawers!
Less time looking should speed up any projects or repairs!!!!

Was thinking of settling for another 26" or maybe 30", but Super happy I finally got funds together to get the 41" combo set I have eyeballed for several years now.

View attachment 382554
There’s nothing like a good tool chest. :happy107:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s nothing like a good tool chest. :happy107:
The old Craftsman serve us well. It was the economy version, but it held on a lot longer than I would have expected for a light duty unit.

Keeping it for so long has a lot to do with sentimental value. It was the tool box my dad bought for us to work out of on our restored Model A Ford when I was a teenager. The bottom section is toast, but I'll keep the upper box a bit longer just for the sake of keeping something that was his. I might dedicate it for some specific purpose, like "anything used for electrical" or those rarely used, but handy "plumbing tools/fittings". With all the tools I do use in the new chest, I'll have room on top of my work bench for dad's box. One of those things, where it is not much of anything but means a whole lot of everything... Dad was (and still is in spirit) my mechanical mentor, so not ready for the trash on the upper box.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just sitting outside and once again I’m left wondering why there’s a rise in the body line in the area of the c pillar, at the bottom of the rear door and quarter panel glass. Also wondering if anybody else ever wonders why. Also wondering if anybody here knows why. It’s just always seemed off to me, like it’s not there for looks because imo it would look better if all 3 pieces of glass on the side lined up across the bottom in a straight line. So maybe there’s some structural reason. 216CBCE7-A257-45B9-9269-C031C86B07BD.jpeg

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just sitting outside and once again I’m left wondering why there’s a rise in the body line in the area of the c pillar, at the bottom of the rear door and quarter panel glass. Also wondering if anybody else ever wonders why. Also wondering if anybody here knows why. It’s just always seemed off to me, like it’s not there for looks because imo it would look better if all 3 pieces of glass on the side lined up across the bottom in a straight line. So maybe there’s some structural reason. View attachment 382694
I see what you are seeing...... If it was straight & an even line,...... ( A '70's square body and the '80's Surburban?)

I believe the "uneven" look is a.... "flow".... Uh, a movement......

I had the pleasure to observe Boyd Coddington & Chip Foose draw renderings.......

Not a straight line anywhere.. The body line would "move" from one panel to another.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just sitting outside and once again I’m left wondering why there’s a rise in the body line in the area of the c pillar, at the bottom of the rear door and quarter panel glass. Also wondering if anybody else ever wonders why. Also wondering if anybody here knows why. It’s just always seemed off to me, like it’s not there for looks because imo it would look better if all 3 pieces of glass on the side lined up across the bottom in a straight line. So maybe there’s some structural reason. View attachment 382694

I think it's just flow. That whole body style is curvy. Straight lines wouldn't match the curvy front. It'd be like when people swap a later front clip to an older body and it just doesn't blend/flow.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel there is one brand of a full-size SUV, that got carried away and screwed up.

Infiniti QX90. The first-original body style, I liked. But Infiniti "thought" the SUV looked too much like a truck style. So they made the body lines all around the TRUCK, more like a "car".....
But to me, they didn't know where to stop.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you are seeing...... If it was straight & an even line,...... ( A '70's square body and the '80's Surburban?)

I believe the "uneven" look is a.... "flow".... Uh, a movement......

I had the pleasure to observe Boyd Coddington & Chip Foose draw renderings.......

Not a straight line anywhere.. The body line would "move" from one panel to another.

I think it's just flow. That whole body style is curvy. Straight lines wouldn't match the curvy front. It'd be like when people swap a later front clip to an older body and it just doesn't blend/flow.
She is a bit curvy for sure. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia