What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
The heat soak is done with the spray bottle i will post the link.After driving about 20 miles today i can feel a nice difference in the throttle response and it just runs alot smoother at all rpms. She is going to smoke when first started but goes away pretty quick.
How can that even be a good thing for at TBI or TPI car? That's in other words mean you have a catalytic converter or even 2 that's can get nasty from carbon or oil. I would think twice before I did do that to a newer car. A carburetted car it's a hole other thing.
Play it safe are my suggestions.

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I have done it to at least 5 fuel injected engines all of them made a huge difference and never thrown a code but just ran alot better all around.Also i know at least a few of the gm techs at the local chevy dealer they do it all the time on these engines and alot of other injected engines..I cant believe i forgot to do it to the crankcase before my oil change but i will next time.If you have a sticky lifter this stuff is amazing for that.

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used seafoam in my old regal with 225k on it, i thought the fire dept was going to show up. SO MUCH SMOKE. i just did the vac line into the engine intake manifold and the rest went in the gas tank.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my new OEM steering wheel from Summit Racing today, and installed it a few minutes ago. It was pretty straight forward - only took about 20 minutes total and was a breeze. I'm so happy with the new one - it's been about 16 years since I laid hands on the original, unused steering wheel, and I can't believe the difference. A little spendy at $215 shipped after tax, but not a bad deal when you consider it comes with new switches and backlights (most of the old ones have burned out, and I wasn't about to try to open them up and replace them myself).

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I’ve only heard stories about Seafoam, never tried it. Anybody else with experience?
Yes, our old 97 Saturn was super full of carbon and sludge in the intake. It was drive by cable so I held the throttle open and sprayed a half a can of the Deep Creep into the intake. Then I killed it off with it and used my extended straw to soak the rest of the intake with the remainder. Waited an hour and restarted.
It took “clear flood” to get it to go and then I took it for a ride. Made a HUGE difference. It was a different car after that. Selling it was one of my biggest mistakes vehicle wise.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my new OEM steering wheel from Summit Racing today, and installed it a few minutes ago. It was pretty straight forward - only took about 20 minutes total and was a breeze. I'm so happy with the new one - it's been about 16 years since I laid hands on the original, unused steering wheel, and I can't believe the difference. A little spendy at $215 shipped after tax, but not a bad deal when you consider it comes with new switches and backlights (most of the old ones have burned out, and I wasn't about to try to open them up and replace them myself).

View attachment 352039

View attachment 352040

View attachment 352041
You are a terrible person!!!!!!!!! Got me wanting things I don't need!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebuilttahoe03