What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally installed my Boost Auto wireless charging pad. I wasn’t planning on getting this since I have wired, rather than wireless CarPlay on my receiver. Well, this pos iPhone, just like my last one, started failing to connect & charge, using the port like it’s supposed to, so I said flock it, and bit the bullet.. easy, and clean install. Happy with it.
Have you tried to clean out the port with a tooth pick or compressed air? Every few months mine starts to act up & it’s crazy how much pocket lint gets stuck in there. If you have a good apple store or wireless dealer by you they can clean it the ‘proper way’ as well for free if they are nice enough. Tooth pick usually works though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to clean out the port with a tooth pick or compressed air? Every few months mine starts to act up & it’s crazy how much pocket lint gets stuck in there. If you have a good apple store or wireless dealer by you they can clean it the ‘proper way’ as well for free if they are nice enough. Tooth pick usually works though.
That’s what I always had to do. Now I use a wireless charger on my nightstand and i just toss the phone on there every night. A full charge lasts all day for me and when I’m driving the phone stays in my pocket. Wireless CarPlay FTW.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I always had to do. Now I use a wireless charger on my nightstand and i just toss the phone on there every night. A full charge lasts all day for me and when I’m driving the phone stays in my pocket. Wireless CarPlay FTW.
Same, not sure how some people are glued to the phone 24/7. This is the most ‘social media’ I use here unless YouTube counts!

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally installed my Boost Auto wireless charging pad. I wasn’t planning on getting this since I have wired, rather than wireless CarPlay on my receiver. Well, this pos iPhone, just like my last one, started failing to connect & charge, using the port like it’s supposed to, so I said flock it, and bit the bullet.. easy, and clean install. Happy with it.
I just don't understand why you would drill holes into a perfectly good center console. Why don't u pack it up and ship it down to the Htown....

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a dash mounted phone holder. No more watching the phone bounce to the passenger floorboard as soon as I leave the pavement! I know its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but sometimes its the little things that can get under the skin. Anyone wanting to know more on it I posted it on the thread I made on the phone mounts See it here

View attachment 352219
Curious on what the switch is for by the onstar? Gotta ask lol...

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Just a quick update. I applied the cerakote to my black trim March 13th. Still looks awesome. I can’t believe how long this stuff lasts, looks like I just did it still. Truck sits outside in Florida.

Attachments

• 406C155B-B801-4929-AB47-EEB4B2872C8A.jpeg
    406C155B-B801-4929-AB47-EEB4B2872C8A.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 7

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update. I applied the cerakote to my black trim March 13th. Still looks awesome. I can’t believe how long this stuff lasts, looks like I just did it still. Truck sits outside in Florida.
I notice it cleans real easy when I’m washing the truck too. Dirt slides right off.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Quick paint on my horribly weathered antenna. Probably shoulda done a little more prep and a better job.

Attachments

• 6E6F40F3-3A3E-4BC0-86C4-82528B7317C5.jpeg
    6E6F40F3-3A3E-4BC0-86C4-82528B7317C5.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 4
  • CA84ED2C-8293-460E-9CB2-1F87CF04A446.jpeg
    CA84ED2C-8293-460E-9CB2-1F87CF04A446.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 4