What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about that ugly aluminum alt/ power steering pump bracket. Or the water pump itself. Or the... never mind.

Or the front cover, the rocker covers... I really wanted to paint all of that when I had the engine out. But, when that project got drug out, I just wanted it back together. It's all easy enough to disassemble and paint should I ever be so inclined. Much bigger priorities at the moment...

I'm gonna use some #0000 steel wool or 2000 grit sandpaper on that pulley to dull it down to blend in with the others.

Last edited:

yukonfan

Reaction score
Cool. Beloeve me, I wasn't criticizing. I was just wondering if the crashbar behind the front fascia was damaged. Did you also do the side lower mouldings? Have a side view?
no thanks for mentioning it i actually didn't even notice until you said something although i would have caught it at some point lol, im not doing the moldings just the front bumper, grille, lights. I'm actually taking the stock yukon mouldings off, going to de badge the whole thing,got some body work to do, slam it, and do a full vinyl wrap. I told myself I didn't want a project but then one thing led to another and here we are lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
no thanks for mentioning it i actually didn't even notice until you said something although i would have caught it at some point lol, im not doing the moldings just the front bumper, grille, lights. I'm actually taking the stock yukon mouldings off, going to de badge the whole thing,got some body work to do, slam it, and do a full vinyl wrap. I told myself I didn't want a project but then one thing led to another and here we are lol
Lol, that's how it always happens. Def keep is updated with pics.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got a bracket made up for my cheap ass universal catch can someone poste dup here a while back. just need to get some black paint and put it back on there.

20200920_161354.jpg 20200920_161017.jpg

coped this known to work name brand bracket. cost me 10 bucks in steel and 45 minutes of my life. next up is the bracket for the tahoe. as i got a 2 cans, one for each car/truck.
20200920_113231.jpg

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a new leather steering wheel at the junkyard to replace mine which has some scuffs and gouges in it. Of course the junkyard wheel popped right off with the puller but mine just stripped the threads. Took my frustration out by persuading it loose with a rubber mallet. Also replaced the multi-function switch and put my old instrument cluster back in - @ 55 on the new one I am actually doing 64. Luckily only got a warning.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pricing shocks for my ride and the Bilstein 5100 note says except ZW7 RPO code. Well I just so happen to have the comfort plus ZW7. Will they still work or is there something that different about it?
your best option is to just replace the nivomat with a new or used one those are hard or impossible to match or beat, if you choose something else don't throw the good one out because you might quickly change your mind and want the nivomat's back

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a new leather steering wheel at the junkyard to replace mine which has some scuffs and gouges in it. Of course the junkyard wheel popped right off with the puller but mine just stripped the threads. Took my frustration out by persuading it loose with a rubber mallet. Also replaced the multi-function switch and put my old instrument cluster back in - @ 55 on the new one I am actually doing 64. Luckily only got a warning.
I have never used a puller, just grab the steering wheel and rock it back and forth while pulling up. Works every time.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to recalibrate that with a Tech 2. Assuming different tire size..? Or is the cluster horked..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE