What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you install it yourself and how much was it?
I did install myself and was very easy. It’s from mypushcart.com. $161 with a online coupon. It’s a Crimestopper remote start with Fortin EVO bypass module for GM’s security. Both are pre-flashed for your vehicle type. They provide a premade wiring harness. For my 03 I only had to splice 5 wires to the vehicle at the ignition switch and one to a data wire at the back of the ODBii connector. For some vehicles they have a T harness to ignition switch which means even less splicing. There are a few more you can do depending on options you want, but everything works great. Factory remotes still work for normal door lock and unlocking. New fobs do same plus the remote start. Comes with antenna to put on windshield, but I put it under dash and had no issues starting from 100 or so feet away. Climate control comes on automatically and under 32 degrees, rear defrost and seat heaters are supposed to come on. I’ll test that tomorrow morning since it’s 27 here now.
521F6DCE-BE96-47D1-ACF1-5740388A7CA7.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did install myself and was very easy. It’s from mypushcart.com. $161 with a online coupon. It’s a Crimestopper remote start with Fortin EVO bypass module for GM’s security. Both are pre-flashed for your vehicle type. They provide a premade wiring harness. For my 03 I only had to splice 5 wires to the vehicle at the ignition switch and one to a data wire at the back of the ODBii connector. For some vehicles they have a T harness to ignition switch which means even less splicing. There are a few more you can do depending on options you want, but everything works great. Factory remotes still work for normal door lock and unlocking. New fobs do same plus the remote start. Comes with antenna to put on windshield, but I put it under dash and had no issues starting from 100 or so feet away. Climate control comes on automatically and under 32 degrees, rear defrost and seat heaters are supposed to come on. I’ll test that tomorrow morning since it’s 27 here now.
View attachment 236176
I just saved $161. They don’t make one for a 2002 Yukon or Tahoe, only 03. That’s ok, The Beast wakes up the neighbors anyway, no need to punish them by letting it rumble in the driveway for 10 or 20 minutes lol.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 236176
Damn, that sounds sweet!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Rocket Man @Tonyrodz

Before and after of chip repair. This one did not come out as good as the first. Not sure why. Still very acceptable. I think it is because of the angle of the facets of the chip. The first repair is much more seamless inside the windshield

View attachment 236156 View attachment 236157 View attachment 236158 View attachment 236159
Came out great. I have same exact chip in my van's windshield.
View attachment 236176
I installed a remote start years ago on a Camry. Went into Target to shop for about an hr, came out and the car was running. Never figured that one out.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did mine not too long ago but forget which is which. My rear wiper is deleted so I didn’t need that one hooked up, the hose just goes above the tank so it doesn’t leak, and there’s no rear switch so it can’t be activated. But when I put a new front line in I hooked them to the wrong pumps so when I hit the front fluid it just shot out the rear hose all over the place. My 50/50 didn’t work good even though I was so sure I had it right that I buttoned everything back up including the battery tray and battery. I suggest using a set of jumper cables to connect to the battery while it’s out so you can check the pumps. And that o ring trick looks like it will hold fine imo.

I want to mod a rear washer line to make a hidden squirter to **** with people and tailgaters. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz