What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help.

Hit the panic button on the key fob accidentally running out of the house and now the truck won't start. No click, no door locks, nothing. I've read a few threads, but cannot seem to make it happen.

Disconnected both battery cables for about 30 minutes. Reconnected again and still zero power to the truck. No locks, no ignition.

Standing by for ideas. Thanks guys.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need some help.

Hit the panic button on the key fob accidentally running out of the house and now the truck won't start. No click, no door locks, nothing. I've read a few threads, but cannot seem to make it happen.

Disconnected both battery cables for about 30 minutes. Reconnected again and still zero power to the truck. No locks, no ignition.

Standing by for ideas. Thanks guys.
I hit the stupid panic on mine all the time and it has never caused an issue. How did you turn the alarm off- put the key in the ignition and turn it to run? Maybe you have a bad cable or battery?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit the stupid panic on mine all the time and it has never caused an issue. How did you turn the alarm off- put the key in the ignition and turn it to run? Maybe you have a bad cable or battery?

New AGM battery a few months ago.

Cables maybe but ran fine all morning and last few days. No issues.

Sequence hard to recall. I think I killed panic with the same red panic button

I might have locked or unlocked door but did not put key in the door lock cylinder. Then went to start truck and nothing.

Let it sit for about an hour then about 30 minutes battery cables disconnected. Still nothing.
Hmmm... still searching threads.

Something stupid as it seems to be in maybe passlock or something locking out the ignition.

I know I’ve read somewhere.... grrr

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've also hit the panic button accidentally, and turned it off the same way with no issues. Just for giggles, have you checked all the under hood relays and fuses?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New AGM battery a few months ago.

Cables maybe but ran fine all morning and last few days. No issues.

Sequence hard to recall. I think I killed panic with the same red panic button

I might have locked or unlocked door but did not put key in the door lock cylinder. Then went to start truck and nothing.

Let it sit for about an hour then about 30 minutes battery cables disconnected. Still nothing.
Hmmm... still searching threads.

Something stupid as it seems to be in maybe passlock or something locking out the ignition.

I know I’ve read somewhere.... grrr
You can’t kill the alarm with the same button, you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on. Not to the start position but the run position. So my thought is it lost electrical power when the alarm went off for some reason. If it was passlock, it doesn’t kill all power just turns engine back off after a few seconds of running.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also hit the panic button accidentally, and turned it off the same way with no issues. Just for giggles, have you checked all the under hood relays and fuses?

No still running around picking up kids. Lol

Going to check fuses , double check side post battery connections are tight then hook up jumper cables from suburban and see if indeed battery is getting juice and/or start like Rocket Man mentioned.

Battery still under warranty.

Will get back to it shortly once home. Any other ideas keep them coming and will update soon.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can’t kill the alarm with the same button, you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on. Not to the start position but the run position. So my thought is it lost electrical power when the alarm went off for some reason. If it was passlock, it doesn’t kill all power just turns engine back off after a few seconds of running.

Similar thing my mechanic said. Battery, fuses or connections are next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia