What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. I'd just advise anyone using the fishing-line method to keep the pressure on the line outward/away from the applique and against the back of the letters so as to avoid sawing the line across the applique's finish. (I'm sure you did just that, but think it's a good note of precaution to anyone who hasn't removed emblems this way.)
Very true. You certainly don't want to damage the paint finish on the tailgate with scratch marks from tools or fingernails from trying to scratch off the adhesive double-sided tape. It's best to take your time and do it right. Stop what you're doing and watch YouTube videos if you have to. Nothing is more humiliating and disappointing than damaging your paint finish, and have to look at your mistake for as long as you own the vehicle. Or, have to explain to your friends why your paint finish looks like that.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today while driving to work, I encountered an Escalade in the carpool lane. I typically cruise at around 82, so I noticed him weaving in and out of the lane. I guess he must have noticed me coming up fast, so he tries to impress me by showing off his badgeless VST (the lower rear valance was a dead giveaway) by swerving across several lanes, assuming I was trying to get the best of him. I was merging onto an approaching split in two freeways, so he thought it was a good idea to show me who's "rooster" was bigger.... And in the process, he almost rolled over when he realized he almost merged onto the wrong freeway.

Several miles away as I got closer to work, I noticed a tractor trailer carrying a Z71 Tahoe. But what made that Tahoe special, is that it was the same Redwood Metallic color mine was. I have to admit that it was extremely clean, so I gave the driver a couple of honks as he noticed my AT4 of the same color, but with huge obnoxious offroad wheels that looked overly aggressive.

Peabody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Loooong time lurker, first time poster.

Let me introduce everyone to Dinobody. New to me purchase - 21' Yukon XL Denali snagged at 48k miles, certified pre-owned. All the front dark tint and side marker smoke out existed when I bought it.

3 months later it was finally nice enough here to wash and apply the window decals. Those, weather tech mats & mudflaps, and auto stop shut up are things I've done so far.

That's probably as far as I'm going to go for now...I am not a car guy, so skills are limited.

Anyway, if any of the Oregon members see this on the road, it's me!

1713144648545.jpeg

1713144513628.jpeg

14point4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took a day off work for this project. Dropped my wife off at work in the morning, busted my a** all day converting the rear bumper valence panel and installing a Corsa exhaust system, and surprised her with the twice pipes when I picked her up from work.

Midway through, I had to drive to Corsa HQ in Berea Ohio to exchange the tips because I ordered a kit with chrome polished tips, the package was labeled polished tips, but the actuall tips in the kit were gloss black. It was great customer service for them to exchange the tips in person same day so I could get the job done on time!

IMG_3328 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3330 - Copy.jpg

This wasn't my first mod though; last week I installed the little pigtail harness in the left side of the dash to keep her in autostop off mode.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a day off work for this project. Dropped my wife off at work in the morning, busted my a** all day converting the rear bumper valence panel and installing a Corsa exhaust system, and surprised her with the twice pipes when I picked her up from work.

Midway through, I had to drive to Corsa HQ in Berea Ohio to exchange the tips because I ordered a kit with chrome polished tips, the package was labeled polished tips, but the actuall tips in the kit were gloss black. It was great customer service for them to exchange the tips in person same day so I could get the job done on time!

View attachment 426291

View attachment 426292

This wasn't my first mod though; last week I installed the little pigtail harness in the left side of the dash to keep her in autostop off mode.
So the question is…. After all that hard work does she like it?

I did the same, but black tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar