What are you getting for MPG around town?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
well i put in $20 the other day at 2.89 a gallon..thats 6.9 gallons..im at 92 miles and the gas light came on, so 92/6.9 roughly is 13.3 mpg..i guess thats not horrible..thats mostly city, with maybe 25 miles of cruisin 60 mph..still could be better

should for sure be better if you ask me

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
wow. im reading everybody elses posts and its making me think i have a problem? im getting 12 mpg in town with the 6.0 awd on 24s. and almost 13 on the highway. no matter how fast im movin, cruise, etc.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Ok so I get to finally join this thread. After my CAI install and no tune as of yet, I filled up tonight.

I drove a mix of highway and city, 268 miles and filled up topped off with 17.4 gallons. I calculated and came up with 15.4**MPG. And that's running E85.

The split between highway and city driving is usually 40-50%. I gained a hair over 2MPG from the OEM intake setup.

All in all I feel the cheapy Ebay intake was way worth it.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score

Yes mang, it WAS worth every penny and THEN some, you made a good investment as AIR (not gas) is what your motor needs the most. These OEM intakes are ******* garbage and the short ram intake, i dont care what brand, is a MASSIVE improvement over the stock BS.... great buy brother. ditching the factory muffler for something that breathes a little better will help too, and then get a tune and you will see some really nice MPG gains, as well as more power.... now THATS having your cake and eating it too

wow. im reading everybody elses posts and its making me think i have a problem? im getting 12 mpg in town with the 6.0 awd on 24s. and almost 13 on the highway. no matter how fast im movin, cruise, etc.

im not sure if you have an actual problem... someone else might be able to shed more light on this. However if you are running a completely stock setup with those 24" rims, you might be spot on with the MPGs.

I want to remind everyone that the 19 or 20 mpgs I get every tank is not only a matter of the mods i have done, but its also due to me driving about 75% highway and being VERY ginger with the accelerator.... and i mean i drive very responsibly unless i decide its time to put my foot completely in it (happens about once per gas tank) if you guys are seriously curious about your MPGs, run some personal tests : like driving PAINFULLY slow for an entire tank of gas

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score

ok, after reading all of this last night i decided to go the cheap route as well. autozone had a full intake for something like $120. figured it was better than nothing. i installed it last night and reset my digital junk so itd give me a new average MPG reading, drove around 50% highway 50% in town today, thru half a tank and its gotten me up to about 13.5 mpg average. so 1.5 mpg more than before. prolly not as good as an FIPK k&n but its something! and it sounds nice along with my dual flows dumped before the axle. mmmmm :)

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
...but its also due to me driving about 75% highway and being VERY ginger with the accelerator.... and i mean i drive very responsibly unless i decide its time to put my foot completely in it (happens about once per gas tank) if you guys are seriously curious about your MPGs, run some personal tests : like driving PAINFULLY slow for an entire tank of gas

I'd rather have fun and get 15mpg then drive like a ***** and get 17. You'll probably get better mileage with a drop too, mine went up after the spindle installation.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I'd rather have fun and get 15mpg then drive like a ***** and get 17. You'll probably get better mileage with a drop too, mine went up after the spindle installation.

:driver: i like to have fun too... but since 90% of my driving is to and from work, its usually fruitless to stomp on it either way.

however, i am useually disapointed when i stomp on it! I want so much more power, i guess i have unreal expectations about my trucks performance, cant wait till i have enough cheddar for FI

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
These trucks like being rallyed, mine is much more responsive when I stand on it all the time. I can't get worse than 13mpg driving like a lunatic so I honestly don't care about driving slower. I'll usually just wind it out getting on the interstate but it's so loud I have to open it up.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i also dont want my truck dying before im done payin on the *****... and i think my tranny might be warming up for its big finally.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Mine is kinda weird lately too, oh well just another thing I'll need built. I know a dude with over 200k on his tahoe and he beats the living piss out of the poor thing. No issues except a fuel pump.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15

Latest posts