What 2nd row captains' SEAT COVERS are you using for your dog(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got a '23 Denali, and want to cover the rear seat surfaces with something decent looking that will stand up to my 80-pound black lab. To be fair, he's gentle, and didn't tear up the leather seats of my '09 Tahoe... But I'd like to get something on the rear seats now to prevent any kind of scrapes/damage from his nails.

Also, I'm looking for solutions to extend the seating surface (in front of and between the 2nd row chairs, and maybe also in front of the 3rd row) so that I can put his bed on the seat and provide him more room to lie down on trips.

Thanks!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of Canvas Back covers. I don’t have dogs, but I have 5 kids and they do their fair share of mucking things up. We skipped getting the all weather cargo liner and just have the canvasback cover in the cargo area and on the 2nd and 3rd row seat backs. One year of use and it’s working out great.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seat covers might just be perfect for my purposes. Do you find the fit to be good in these trucks?

Thank you!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One alternative recommendation....... Any time that my 2 90+ lb. White Shepherds are in my truck, my 2nd row bucket seats are folded up, and my dogs use the floor area (I took out my 3rd row seats a long time ago). They are perfectly fine with walking around the truck and laying down on the carpet.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that could be an option... But my dog loves to look out the window a lot of the time, too. So, I want to get something on the seats so he has that option.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seat covers might just be perfect for my purposes. Do you find the fit to be good in these trucks?

Thank you!
They fit great. The covers have Velcro sewed onto them and then you stick PSA backed Velcro onto the carpet of the seat backs and cargo area. Take your time and you’ll get great fitment.

rickgi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For dog purposes and wanting them to look out of the window, I am only considering trim levels that allow for a second row bench seat.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got a '23 Denali, and want to cover the rear seat surfaces with something decent looking that will stand up to my 80-pound black lab. To be fair, he's gentle, and didn't tear up the leather seats of my '09 Tahoe... But I'd like to get something on the rear seats now to prevent any kind of scrapes/damage from his nails.

Also, I'm looking for solutions to extend the seating surface (in front of and between the 2nd row chairs, and maybe also in front of the 3rd row) so that I can put his bed on the seat and provide him more room to lie down on trips.

Thanks!
I know these don't have all of the features you're looking for, but it's what we use in both of our XL Denalis and they work perfectly. And no problems with people using the seats with the covers still on: https://a.co/d/9ngo7Jw

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually those certainly do have everything I'm looking for (I'll have to edit my original post and start a new thread on filling the gaps around my seats so that the dog can spread out more). Thank you!

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know these don't have all of the features you're looking for, but it's what we use in both of our XL Denalis and they work perfectly. And no problems with people using the seats with the covers still on: https://a.co/d/9ngo7Jw
I wanted you to know that I went ahead and bought these for the captain chairs as well as for the 3rd row. At $30 for each row, I didn't see how I could lose out, even if I immediately hated them. But they fit really nicely on these trucks' seats, and they look like they're going to protect my seats (including the bolsters and the entire seat-backs) just as I had hoped. So, thank you for the recommendation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019