Water pump failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can get a flaring tool on it, I've done that before. anything to keep it from sliding off and it will be fine. if not, yeah. double clamp and hope for the best.

you think it got below the antifreeze temp and froze the water? man this winter has been brutal

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
ok will try that. Trying to figure out the best way to cut
My first suggestion is a mini tube cutter like this one if you have the room to rotate it around. When using one of these, use multiple passes, only barely tightening to the point of resistance every couple of revolutions. This will cut the tube more cleanly and won't neck it down in the area of the cut, and will extend the life of the tool. Using cutting fluid helps to make the cut cleaner and extend the life of the tool as well.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sort of looks like it rubbed on something, if you have been running straight water I guess it could have split from freezing, but if you are using the correct mix of coolant it is good to -37.
I had a bit of an issue a few days ago !!
Engine Temp and everything fine warming up in the driveway, but no hot heat
Shut everything down and pulled coolant reservoir cap - was a tiny bit of slush at the top.
Let it sit for a few minutes and restarted... I did add some straight dexcool ....
Then all was good.
But whew, I think I got lucky... I generally run a 60/40 distilled water to dexcool
ratio..
We were -5 - -10 for several days with -30 windchill for a few days too...
Now I'm paranoid of my other several vehicles.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a bit of an issue a few days ago !!
Engine Temp and everything fine warming up in the driveway, but no hot heat
Shut everything down and pulled coolant reservoir cap - was a tiny bit of slush at the top.
Let it sit for a few minutes and restarted... I did add some straight dexcool ....
Then all was good.
But whew, I think I got lucky... I generally run a 60/40 distilled water to dexcool
ratio..
We were -5 - -10 for several days with -30 windchill for a few days too...
Now I'm paranoid of my other several vehicles.
they sell a tester at the auto parts store that you can use to check the coolant freezing point, then you know if you need to adjust the mix or whatever.
looks like this but different name brands

OP
OP
L

lspann3525

Reaction score
I got the heater hose added I was able to cut it with a Jack saw blade but it's still leaking on a portion of the heater line. I'm unable to pin point it. So I'm going to have to see if I can drop the line somehow. Looks like the runningboard/step is going to have to be removed?

. Can the rear heater be bypassed???

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the heater hose added but it's still leaking on a portion of the heater line. I'm unable to pin point it. So I'm going to have to see if I can drop the line somehow. Looks like the runningboard/step is going to have to be removed?

. Can the rear heater be bypassed???
the best way to bypass the rear would probably be to use the same year 1500 silverado heater line connections, they will not have a T it's just a straight connector that way you still have heat in front. it's possible the lines could be a different size though I have never really tried it myself never had a need
if worse came to worse the heater lines can be capped off entirely all they do is send warm coolant to the heater core and back, you would have no heat. In the summer the heater cores can help with cooling the engine even if the heater is not on, it's just additional circulation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts