Water pump failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lspann3525

Reaction score
The other day the tahoe overheated while running errands. We were able to limp it home being we were only 2 to 3 miles from home. But anyway as soon as I popped the hood I seen coolant coming from underneath the water pump. Long story short the propeller came off the shaft and the rear large plug on the back of the water pump came off. So I replaced it and filled with coolant.. No leaks from the engine but there was a leak in several parts on the passenger side leading to the rear of the vehicle. Is there a heater hose or something that routes on the passenger side frame area leading to the back?20240119-090427.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lspann3525

Reaction score
Thanks. The temp froze over the other night im assuming thats what caused all these issues. Still kind of cold working in my garage going to try to find some light and get under to see what has happened

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could also be leaking from the plastic T in the coolant hoses where they come out of the water pump itself. The two hoses connect via a T and then connect to the water pump. It’s on the passenger side of the block down a bit lower. Mine sprang a big leak this past summer. Dorman makes a metal replacement T that I picked up from autozone.

OP
OP
L

lspann3525

Reaction score
It could also be leaking from the plastic T in the coolant hoses where they come out of the water pump itself. The two hoses connect via a T and then connect to the water pump. It’s on the passenger side of the block down a bit lower. Mine sprang a big leak this past summer. Dorman makes a metal replacement T that I picked up from autozone.
i'll check there as well. I found a small split in the metal lines that run under the passenger side of the frame. They seem to run from looks like heater core outlets all the way to the back. Damn! Is there a way to bypass the rear heat until I can find the metal lines

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar