Warning light while towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpg0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I plan on towing a trailer and my dealer told me the warning lights would stay on the dash the whole time that something was too close behind me. Is there a way to turn this off.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on what light you are talking about, most of the lane change, back up warning, adaptive cruise can all be turned off with personalization options. Check your owners manual for detailed instructions.

rshabazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You would merely turn off the sensor that tells you that you are close to something. The button is on the left side of the dash. I have been towing my bass boat for a month.

sharper4

Reaction score
I don't get any warning lights.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 21

Naildozer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Towing

I towed my RV trailer for the first time with my 2015 LTZ Tahoe and experienced excessive sway. The sway control did not engage. The trailer pulled my Tahoe from lane to lane. Has anyone else experienced this? I used to tow the same trailer with my 2012 Tahoe - never an issue. Also - the driving conditions were terrific at the time.

vp46

Reaction score
No excessive sway here..... towing a 5500lb boat on a tandem trailer. (but there is some sway that I attribute to my lack of fine tuning the height of hitch)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n