VARGA Rear Disc on 2 Dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iCajun

Reaction score
Rear caliper is cast with VARGA 4 and one pad is stamped 14 YH. I assume this came with a conversion kit 15+ years ago, long before I bought it. Am trying to figure out what they would normally have come on, maybe an early 90’s Ford, so I can buy new calipers and pads when needed. Any ideas? Thanks, AlanView media item 27971View media item 27972View media item 27973

BennyR72

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the Varga brand was made mostly for VW applications; I have a buddy that had a pair on a 71 bus in the front, otherwise I’ve never seen em’ before.

Maybe try and look on a VW forum about sourcing new ones and pad sizes...or just save yourself the headsche and go ahead and upgrade the whole system to something newer and application specific.

BennyR72

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the Varga brand was made mostly for VW applications; I have a buddy that had a pair on a 71 bus in the front, otherwise I’ve never seen em’ before.

Maybe try and look on a VW forum about sourcing new ones and pad sizes...or just save yourself the headsche and go ahead and upgrade the whole system to something newer and application specific.

OP
OP
iCajun

iCajun

Reaction score
After much online searching it seems they go by the casting number behind the brake line. After a few hours with rags, sandpaper, chalk, magnifier, camera and an inspection camera I'm still not sure of the numbers. I didn't remove the calipers but possibly 2306 on the left rear so you may be correct about a Thunderbird. Varga 1 and possibly 2307 on the right rear. They squeak when backing up but the brakes and emergency brake seem to work fine. Plenty of pad left so I'll investigate more next summer. Sprayed the yearly coat of Fluid Film/Woolwax undercoating getting ready for winter. Thanks, Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk