upper intake manifold bolts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtydrywaller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello
96 gmc yukon slt, 5.7 gas
can anyone tell me the size of the bolts that secure the plastic upper intake manifold that goes over the spider injectors.

i changed out the spider injector, did the upgrade and a few of the bolts are stripped out,wont tighten fully and i have a massive vac leak which i believe is causing a misfire,
id like to fix them with helicoils or similar but cant find anywhere that says what the bolts are, cant even find replacements.

thanks for any replies.

OP
OP
D

dirtydrywaller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you match one up on a thread guage?
i took one to ace hardware and tried that but these bolts have a blunt button type end on them and it doesnt really thread into the guage they have very well.
they are stud type bolts that are used for mounting brackets for other parts on the engine.
i cant believe i cant find them anywhere on the net.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In those years, GM wasn't sure how they wanted to identify....standard or metric. They were a mix of both on lots of things. I did some digging and this should be what you need I believe. I also think they are standard thread from what I've read. Screenshot_20231008_063604_Advance Auto.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar