Falling down a rabbit hole for intake manifold R&R on 2013 Escalade, help me find bottom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And…there is a round metal tab/bracket that sticks up right near the base of the intake manifold, likely coming off the cylinder head. That was all kinds of in my way. I drug my wrist across it every time I had to get my hand out.

Probably the protection device to keep the fuel rail from crashing into the firewall in an accident. Looks like a spoon right behind the driver's side fuel rail.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the protection device to keep the fuel rail from crashing into the firewall in an accident. Looks like a spoon right behind the driver's side fuel rail.
That makes sense. Thanks!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work on the oil pressure sender. I can't get my bear paws in there so I take the intake manifold off. Still only takes 1-1.5 hrs start to finish, thankfully.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work on the oil pressure sender. I can't get my bear paws in there so I take the intake manifold off. Still only takes 1-1.5 hrs start to finish, thankfully.
I was afraid that was going to happen to me. However, I was able to stuff my paw back in there.
Still hurt.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Well done. Sank your chops right into it. Ever consider an Autosync to read & clear your codes from the steering wheel and DIC?

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I am not familiar with Autosync.
I will google it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members