Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed it. How did drilling and tapping the pan go?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed it. How did drilling and tapping the pan go?

Wasn't bad at all good set of drill bits and it goes through like butter. Even did it without the 90 degree drill. But no one local carried the thread tap size I needed so I had to order it which was an 11/16.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It's impossible to not drive it hard once in awhile after you add boost lol. Kinda addictive.
Kind of?? Duh!!
Well cut work short today and went and wrenched on the truck for a few. Got the vaccum lines run as well as my fitting in the pan for the return. Started extending my wires for my MAF sensor but I need some more materials. Just waiting on my fitting for my oil feed and it's just about complete aside from fluids. View attachment 203255View attachment 203256View attachment 203260
You have 2 blow off valves mounted?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have 2 blow off valves mounted?

Much boost, needz moar BOVs.

Fo real tho, one is a wastegate. The WG lets the exhaust bypass the turbo's turbine (hot side) to control the amount it's spun and therefore the PSI it produces, the BOV vents the pressure already produced by the compressor (cold side) when the throttle is closed so it doesn't build up in the piping and compressor housing.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Much boost, needz moar BOVs.

Fo real tho, one is a wastegate. The WG lets the exhaust bypass the turbo's turbine (hot side) to control the amount it's spun and therefore the PSI it produces, the BOV vents the pressure already produced by the compressor (cold side) when the throttle is closed so it doesn't build up in the piping and compressor housing.
I need one in the gn.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most oem turbo cars use an internal waste gate turbo, actuated by a little vac can on the exhaust housing. gn probably does this
for the cold side a few of the newer borg warner turbos also use a diverter valve on the compressor housing. not sure what the gn does on the cold side i think it may use a bypass valve in the intake manifold

set up isnt the greatest for max performance but for packaging and simplicity its compact and works great

and start this tahoe up already! quick slackin!

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys she's all together tried to fire it up with the stock injectors in it just to hear it run and give you guys a video. It cranked but wouldn't start up. Also noticed a small leak from the T I used for the oil feed line so it'll be a little longer I suppose. Not really sure why it wouldn't start though. IMG_2264.JPGIMG_2265.JPGIMG_2267.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well guys she's all together tried to fire it up with the stock injectors in it just to hear it run and give you guys a video. It cranked but wouldn't start up. Also noticed a small leak from the T I used for the oil feed line so it'll be a little longer I suppose. Not really sure why it wouldn't start though. View attachment 203388View attachment 203389View attachment 203390
Because of the prius next to it. It was embarrassed. Seriously though, how's the fuel pressure? Getting spark? Those are the 2 basic things I always start with. You've done a great job so far. I'm sure it's something simple, hopefully anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts