Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to just strap it to the dyno and get it tuned rather than going the remote route since ultimately it would still need to see a dyno per most tuners statements. That will be getting done tomorrow. I will use my HP tuners so I can utilize my credits and we will use the wideband connected to the dyno for tuning purposes. Upon completion we will install mine back in the downpipe to monitor AFR's in case anything needs to be changed between the dyno/street driving.
I'm running the same AEM wideband as you and I have mine tapped into my pcm at my EGR port. You can monitor AF by the 0-5v output but if u using a dyno save your time and keep the one you have. Probably safer to dyno tune a boosted engine anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyno goes for Max power at wot. Not really street tuned. You can achieve this on the Dyno, but most the need are time pressed to get the next customer in the door to get paid, so they cut corners. That's why I like road tuning

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck made it to the dyno today as planned. Had a plug wire get burned through the heat sleeve causing a misfire so I had to replace and and get that squared away. Truck primarily got tuned for WOT due to me only having one O2 sensor in and not being able to completely disable the second front O2 sensor in HP tuners. In closed loop while trying to tune for driveability it kept searching for the second front O2 sensor which wasn't there and kept sending the tune haywire. Ordering a O2 extension tomorrow so I can put the other factory O2 back in and get that taken care of. Final numbers were 364/390 ft lbs on wastegate spring which is supposed to be 7-8lbs. Trans did great temps never made it above 170 in a 100 degree dyno room. Once the driveability is complete and I get the rest of my exhaust squared away I'll be content for a while.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do anything to the trans?
Also I’m curious how you fit the maf sensor on.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How has it been for driving so far? Any feedback yet?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do anything to the trans?
Also I’m curious how you fit the maf sensor on.

Nothing done to the trans aside from whatever cooler comes on the PPV models.

As far as the MAF sensor I just ordered a flange and had it welded onto the intake charge pipe.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How has it been for driving so far? Any feedback yet?

Still need to get the driveability portion complete. It drives a lot better since I installed the other O2 sensor back in so it runs in closed loop but there are still adjustments to be made. Has plenty more power without even getting on it to get where you want to go. Also need to get the exhaust squared away because it currently ends right underneath the the front row of seats so it's a little much at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick