Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha it has not blown up. Although for some reason it seems my ECU took a crap which seems very uncommon for the type of ECU that it uses. So I've ordered another one but am currently trying to narrow down whether the most recent HP tuners update had something to do with it or just natural causes I guess. Here's a photo of it with friends turbo srt8 jeeps last weekend.IMG_2402.JPG

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great shot.

Are you doing all the tuning yourself?
Tuning is my biggest concern and I have been pondering HP Tuners but, computers and I don't really get along that well.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great shot.

Are you doing all the tuning yourself?
Tuning is my biggest concern and I have been pondering HP Tuners but, computers and I don't really get along that well.

No, I currently have someone who tunes cars locally do it. He previously worked for a speed shop in my area but no longer does. He pretty much contracts himself out now which sucks for me because it's always a waiting game it seems. I've decided that after it's complete for now when I do the trans swap as well as the cam I will no longer be using anyone that doesn't have their own dyno etc or a shop/business.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha it has not blown up. Although for some reason it seems my ECU took a crap which seems very uncommon for the type of ECU that it uses. So I've ordered another one but am currently trying to narrow down whether the most recent HP tuners update had something to do with it or just natural causes I guess. Here's a photo of it with friends turbo srt8 jeeps last weekend.View attachment 205509
Hey! I have one of those!Nicole 001.JPG

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates?

No, I currently have someone who tunes cars locally do it. He previously worked for a speed shop in my area but no longer does. He pretty much contracts himself out now which sucks for me because it's always a waiting game it seems. I've decided that after it's complete for now when I do the trans swap as well as the cam I will no longer be using anyone that doesn't have their own dyno etc or a shop/business.

Is he close by?
My guy is 3 hours away now after our move to the coast. Thankfully he has a dyno and full shop. I just wish he was closer.

Hey! I have one of those!View attachment 206056

She sure is purty
Any specs on her?
Is that shock tower brace factory?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2