Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would help someone with the physical install for sure if they would help me with the tune part. Wish you were closer! I like turbos and want to own a few more....only not just on diesels.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the kind words as always. But yeah I'm hoping they work out as well with no leaks. I'm getting sick of wrenching because unfortunately most of the people I know just want to enjoy the final product of my headches and money, but have no interest in lending a hand, be it holding a light or just coming by and talking for a few while I work on it.

:cheers::)
I'd help ya out if you were local buddy
You'd have a few of us helping out if we were close. Keep at it, it's worth it in the end. I had all kinds of trouble installing my Whipple blower, as many here can testify. ****** instructions and extra parts plus I was doing it on a weekend the first time so there was no tech help. I ended having to pull it back off and install more intake gaskets because they forgot an addendum to the instructions. And there's bolts on that blower that even the tiniest hands would find near impossible. It took me days and days but man is it fun now. Every day. You should have seen me this morning on the freeway on the way to work. I don't call it The Beast for nothing. Can't wait for you to share the fun.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm definitely counting down the days until I can just cruise around in it and listen to it spool and take it to some of the local car get togethers. You guys are all a good group, way more helpful and positive than any others I've seen and I appreciate it. This is my first turbo V8 I've done so it's been a learning experience the others have been hondas years ago and then I had a 700hp superduty but a local shop took care of that so it took away all the headache lol.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: truck is currently back together and running with the injector spacers and what appeared earlier to be no oil leak. Didn't let it run as long as usual earlier due to having the new injectors installed, wideband was reading extremely lean. Currently trying to get the tuning deal squared away. Once that's all done I'll figure out a permanent location for my vacuum block and see if I decide to route anything differently. IMG_2337.JPGIMG_2340.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Update: truck is currently back together and running with the injector spacers and what appeared earlier to be no oil leak. Didn't let it run as long as usual earlier due to having the new injectors installed, wideband was reading extremely lean. Currently trying to get the tuning deal squared away. Once that's all done I'll figure out a permanent location for my vacuum block and see if I decide to route anything differently. View attachment 204132View attachment 204133
Getting there, slowly but surely.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: truck is currently back together and running with the injector spacers and what appeared earlier to be no oil leak. Didn't let it run as long as usual earlier due to having the new injectors installed, wideband was reading extremely lean. Currently trying to get the tuning deal squared away. Once that's all done I'll figure out a permanent location for my vacuum block and see if I decide to route anything differently. View attachment 204132View attachment 204133

Where did you end up wiring the wb to?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you end up wiring the wb to?

All your help yesterday was greatly appreciated. I haven't wired it up to anything yet I'm undecided on what I want to do. They make a wideband that plugs into the OBD port for about $230 but I'm not sure I want to have to eat the cost of selling my new only idle time for less. The big thing is after the truck is tuned the wideband that I have will read my AFR's just like the other one will , so do I lose money buy a different wideband to make remote tuning work? Or just pay and have it put on the dyno tuned which it in theory it would still need to be after remote tuning to tune spark and still get to use my current wideband and be done.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem! You have quite a few options, Ill list them out for you.

Option 1: Keep your WB that you currently have now and wire it in via ac pressure switch or another stock sensor that has a 0-5v output, with a switch, so you can still use your A/C when your not logging. (cheapest route)

Option 2: Keep your WB and see if you can find/borrow a MPV1 pro. These are still around and this is what I use. I see no reason to upgrade to the MPV2 until they release the pro version with the expanded hub, so I can still use my WB. You can find a used one, but you will still need to purchase credits. ($200-$300 dollars but may take a while finding one. You can sell your MPV2 and use those funds to buy a MPV1. and when the pro version of MPV2 comes out, upgrade for only $189 instead of $300)

Option 3: Sell your WB and buy the AEM 30-0333, but you'll still need to buy pins for it, so it'll cost even more money.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem! You have quite a few options, Ill list them out for you.

Option 1: Keep your WB that you currently have now and wire it in via ac pressure switch or another stock sensor that has a 0-5v output, with a switch, so you can still use your A/C when your not logging. (cheapest route)

Option 2: Keep your WB and see if you can find/borrow a MPV1 pro. These are still around and this is what I use. I see no reason to upgrade to the MPV2 until they release the pro version with the expanded hub, so I can still use my WB. You can find a used one, but you will still need to purchase credits. ($200-$300 dollars but may take a while finding one. You can sell your MPV2 and use those funds to buy a MPV1. and when the pro version of MPV2 comes out, upgrade for only $189 instead of $300)

Option 3: Sell your WB and buy the AEM 30-0333, but you'll still need to buy pins for it, so it'll cost even more money.

I've decided to just strap it to the dyno and get it tuned rather than going the remote route since ultimately it would still need to see a dyno per most tuners statements. That will be getting done tomorrow. I will use my HP tuners so I can utilize my credits and we will use the wideband connected to the dyno for tuning purposes. Upon completion we will install mine back in the downpipe to monitor AFR's in case anything needs to be changed between the dyno/street driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz