2013 Tahoe - Stabilitrak issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that mean for me? Do I have to take the car in for alignment?
Sorry, no. What I meant was the steering wheel itself needs to be straight and held into position so it doesn't move (tape, bungee, etc), but that may not work anyway because the sensor itself may not line up right on the steering shaft. And when pulling the pin from the sensor after install, if the wheel needs to be turned slightly to straight, you'll get the same error from the sensor. Basically, its fussy a install to get it right.

davidavidd

Reaction score
Hi! Some of my tips to deal with this message:

Check your fuses.
Check your grounds, run a complementary temp. ground from your battery to the engine block and drive your car.
Wiggle your BCM harness and see what happens.
Many times it is a shorted module that blocks the CAN network what causes this message, take your BCM and start disconnecting all non-vital modules (AC, Radio, AirBag, Reverse Module, Cameras, Lights, etc) and drive the car to see if the message appears.
Check your transmission: a pillow sensor failure or a transmission starting in the wrong gear can also cause this message. You will need a good scanner capable of reading TCM codes.
Check your CAN termination resistor, possibly at this point it already starts to be a bit complicated and you need advanced tools like an oscillator and a lot of patience, this STABILITRAK message is a mystery because it appears for different/undetermined reasons.

Good luck,

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts