Trying to find the correct ball mount for a 2009 Tahoe LT 2" receiver hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For standard camping trailers (~17" tongue height) I have to use a ball mount with rise for my stock NBS.
I did too it was a 3/4” rise. Our envoy would need a 3” drop and I calculated a 6” drop for my NNBS to tow a 17” tongue hight trailer. I know I will drag the boat trailer spare ever so slightly on my driveway approach.

huntster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why not go with an adjustable hitch? Get the mid-range B&W hitch. I love mine

MainelyScott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to find the correct ball mount for my stock 2009 Tahoe LT 2" receiver hitch. What is the recommended drop distance for towing light trailers (small utility trailers, etc.)?
Park the trailer so it’s level on flat ground and measure the height of the coupler on the trailer, do a little math and you should be able to figure out what the drop should be.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
You guys all need to lower your trucks. I use the standard receiver which is about 2” and it’s perfect. Get down lol.

I'm with Mark,

Drop the truck, problem solved... lol

I actually bought a similar, adjustable, hitch for the Burb before it was lowered... now it's not really necessary.

rps20200316_213238_484.jpg
rps20200316_213316_825.jpg

I could definitely see the air dam/chin spoiler being an issue though. I have ripped mine off accidentally a couple times... lol

MNSledShed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get this and be done with it. I’ve used it for my 07 and 15 burb as well as my class C RV. Bought it in 2016, used it in the winter in MN and still looks almost new. Have pulled 24’ enclosed trailer, skid loader on car trailer, boats, snowmobile trailer, single axle aluminum trailers, the drop (and rise for my RV when installed upside down) is perfect. Even pulled a boat and put my bike rack in upper hole to haul bikes with my boat.

GEN-Y GH-314 Drop Hitch Dual-Ball Combo, Adjustable 2" Solid Shank, Drop/Raise 7.5" 10K Towing Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELPFIKC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R-RFEb4731Y9R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9